Chapter Five - The Shining Beacon

On board an airship en route to Beacon Academy, X-49 relaxes while Yang Xiao Long was hugging Ruby in excitement.

Yang: Oh, I can't believe my baby sister is going to Beacon with me! This is the best day ever!

Ruby: Please stop.

Yang: But I'm so proud of you!

Ruby: Really Sis, it was nothing.

Yang: What do you mean? It was incredible! Everyone at Beacon is going to think you're the bee's knees.

Ruby: I don't want to be the "bee's knees", okay? I don't want to be any kind of knees! I just want to be a normal girl with normal knees.

Yang: What's with you? Aren't you excited?

Ruby: Of course I'm excited... I just...I got moved ahead two years. I don't want people to think I'm special or anything.

Yang: But you are special.

X-49 couldn't help but smile at Ruby's modesty about the situation. Ya g soon turns her attention to her adopted robotic brother.

Yang: I'm surprised they let you come, big bro.

X-49: Somebody has to keep you two out of trouble.

As X-49 says this, a news broadcast by the Vale News Network reported on the robbery and shows the mugshot of Roman Torchwick.

Cyril(TV): The robbery was led by nefarious criminal Roman Torchwick, who continues to evade authorities. If you have any information on his whereabouts, please contact the Vale Police Department. Back to you, Lisa.

The news station then plays a news broadcast about a Faunus civil rights protest gone wrong as well as a story on the White Fang. The news feed is cut off as a hologram of Glynda replaces it.

Glynda(Hologram): Hello, and welcome to Beacon! My name is Glynda Goodwitch. You are among a privileged few who have received the honor of being selected to attend this prestigious academy! Our world is experiencing an incredible time of peace, and as future Huntsmen and Huntresses, it is your duty to uphold it. You have demonstrated the courage needed for such a task, and now it is our turn to provide you with the knowledge and the training to protect our world.

As the hologram disappears, Beacon Academy can be seen, causing everyone to become excited.

Ruby: Oh, wow! Look, you can see Signal from up here! (Ruby and other students look through the glass walls at the toI guess home isn't too far after all!

Yang: Beacon's our home, now.

The two hear a passenger groaning and hunched over nearby, running to the back of the ship.

Yang: Well... I guess the view isn't for everyone.

Ruby: It was a nice moment while it lasted.

As the airship gets closer to Beacon, Ruby becomes starry eyed.

Ruby: I wonder who we're gonna meet! I just hope they're better than Vomit Boy. Oh, Yang, gross! You have puke on your shoe!

Yang: Gross, gross, gross, gross, gross, gross, gross, gross!

Ruby: Get-Get away! Get away from me! Get away from me! Get away from me! Get away from me!

X-49 chuckles as he pulls out his trumpet and begins to play a song. Soon enough, the airship lands at Beacon. Just before they got off, X-49 helped wipe the vomit off of Yang's shoes. 

Yang: Thanks for the help big bro!

X-49: Anytime, Firecracker. 

As they got off the airship, Ruby and Yang were in awe of Beacon's architecture.

Ruby/Yang: Wow....

Yang: The view from Vale's got nothing on this!

Ruby immediately becomes excited by all the weapons she's seeing. As she gushes over them, Yang calms her down. 

Yang: Easy there, little sister. They're just weapons!

Ruby: 'Just weapons'? They're an extension of ourselves! They're a part of us! Oh, they're so cool! I mean look at X-9! He's got cool pistols he can pull out anytime!

X-49 was puzzled by Ruby's statement. While he was well aware of her fascination with weapons, he didn't understand why Ruby was gushing over his pistols. Still, he smirked as he tussled Ruby's hair.

Yang: Well, why can't you swoon over your own weapon? Aren't you happy with it?

Ruby: Of course I'm happy with Crescent Rose! I just really like seeing new ones. It's like meeting new people, but better...

Yang: Ruby, come on, why don't you go try and make some friends of your own?

Ruby: But... why would I need friends if I have you and X-9?

Suddenly, a group of people approached Yang. Yang immediately runs off with the group.

Yang: Actually, my friends are here. Gotta go catch up. 'Kay, see ya, bye!

Ruby: Wait, where are you going?! Are we supposed to go to our dorms? Where are our dorms? Do we have dorms? I don't know what I'm doing...

X-49: Don't worry, kiddo. I'm sure we'll find our way around here. 

Ruby looks around and is completely awestruck by the sight of Beacon Academy. To her, Beacon was much like a castle. 

Ruby: I still can't believe we're actually at Beacon!

X-49: Technically you and Yang are the students. I'm just the guardian. 

Ruby: I wonder where you'll sleep. Can robots sleep? 

X-49: Robots don't really sleep. We power down. I'm sure Ozpin has made some kinda arrangements. 

Ruby: You have tell me about your guns! You were so cool! Especially when you were doing all those crazy fast movements! It was like something out of a video game!

X-49 could already tell his time at Beacon Academy would be anything but boring. But what X-49 didn't know was that his unusual life would soon be changed forever.