Chapter Fifty Four - Mother & Daughter

As Shay leads the group to the forest, they eventually stop in the middle of the forest. Immediately, X-49 become suspicious while Yang is simply annoyed.

Yang: How much further, pal?

Shay: This should just about do it. You wait here. I'll go up ahead and make sure the coast is clear.

As Shay dismounts from Bumblebee, Yang becomes more annoyed. Sensing something wrong, X-49 kept his pistols ready. Suddenly, the group were surrounded by a group of bandits with Shay leading them. Yang was unfazed.

Shay: I can't believe you were dumb enough to let me lead you here.

Yang looks around with an unimpressed look on her face.

Yang: Is this everyone?

Shay: Yes, little lady. This is it. Well, unless you count the whole rest of the camp back that way.

Yang looks back as X-49 was ready to attack. Yang gestures him to stop.

Yang: That way?

Shay: Yes. That way.

Yang: Good to know. Thanks.

Shay: Now to pay me back for this tooth, we're going to take your bike. And you're going to take your lumps....

Before Shay could react, Yang took the fight to the bandits. X-49 watched with a smirk on his face as Yang took out all the bandits by herself. 

X-49: Nice job. 

It wasn't long before Yang took them all down. As Shay was knocked to the ground, Yang approached him nonchalantly.

Shay: Who are you? It doesn't even matter. When Raven finds out what you did, you're dead!

Yang: Possibly. But I doubt it. I am her daughter, after all.

Upon hearing this, Shay was shocked.

Shay: I'm dead.

With that, Shay and the defeated bandits were left with no choice but to take Yang and X-49 to the camp. As they entered the camp, Walter became cautious.

X-49: We're in the lion's now.

Soon enough, a masked Raven exits her tent with her lieutenant Vernal standing beside her. Yang immediately recognizes her.

Yang: Mom.

Raven: Yang. So, after all this time you finally decided to visit me.

Yang: You know that I searched for you. I spent years looking for you.

Raven: And you've found me. You were patient, determined, and strong enough to make your dream a reality. Well done, Yang. But did you have to be so rough with my men?

Yang: I didn't want a fight. They started it.

Raven: Well, you certainly finished it.

Raven glanced over to Shay and the bruised bandits with disappointment. She then glanced over to X-49 and immediately showed concern. After a moment of silence, Raven turns her attention back to Yang.

Raven: Right. I'm sure this is all very overwhelming. But I must admit that you've proven yourself. So any questions you have I'll be happy to answer. You and your....machine.....

Yang: Brother. 

Raven: Brother....can stay with us tonight. I'll even have the cooks whip up something for you.

Yang: That's not why I am here.

Raven: What was that?

Yang: I'm not here for you. Ruby is somewhere in Mistral. She's with Qrow, and she's going to need my help. I just need you to take me to her.

Raven: And why would I do that?

Yang: Because we're family.

Raven: Family. Only coming around when they need something. I have to say, I'm disappointed. After all, you found me, didn't you? Why not take that drive and use it to find your little sister if she means that much to you?

As Yang tried to reason with Raven, X-49 chuckled as he stepped forward.

X-49: Let's not waste each other's times. Yang came all this way to have a heart to heart. Frankly, she wants answers and she's entitled to them. 

Vernal: You better watch yourself, you bucket of bolts! Raven is the boss!

X-49: Oh I'm aware of that. 

As Vernal and a group of bandits began to approach X-49, Lulu begins barking. At this point, X-49 places his hands on both his pistols. 

Raven: What do you think you're are doing?

X-49: Making sure your boys don't try anything stupid. If I were you, I'd tell them to stand down. They won't like how this ends. 

Raven: You're in no position to be making demands. The only reason you are still standing is because you're with my daughter.

X-49: If you attack us, I'll transmit your camp's coordinates to every law enforcement agency in Anima. Even if you managed to destroy me, you'd still be unable to stop me from transmitting the coordinates. 

At this point, Raven and the entire bandit camp became hostile. Yang was the only reason they didn't outright attack them. As Lulu kept barking, X-49 kept his cool.

Raven: Oh really? You're bluffing.

X-49: We don't know each other very well. But I'm pretty damn protective when it comes to my family. Now I promised Tai that I'd look after her. Now I'm gonna repeat myself. Yang came all this way to ask you some very important answers. She's been waiting a long time for some answers. Now that she's here, you're gonna give it to them. 

Raven: Oh really? You're pretty bold for a bucket of bolts.

X-49: I'm just a big brother looking out for his little sister. 

At this point, Raven found herself in a difficult position. Vernal and the other bandits were waiting for Raven's orders. Raven then turned her attention to Yang. 

X-49: Ball's in your court, Raven. 

At this moment, things became tense at the bandit camp. As Yang surveys the situation, she lashes out at Raven.

Yang: Just send me to Qrow, damn it!

Bandit: That's enough! You watch your mouth in front of our leader!

In that moment, X-49 and Yang were in a hostile situation. They were in the heart of the bandit camp surrounded by Raven's bandits. In the midst of this, Yang spotted a familiar face locked in a cage.

Weiss: Yang?

Yang: Weiss?

In that moment, an unexpected reunion had occurred.