Chapter Sixteen - Black & White

Two days have passed since Blake ran off. Soon enough, X-49 joined Team RWBY in searching Vale for Blake. So far, the search went nowhere. Ruby and Yang grow concerned about Blake. 

Ruby: She's been gone all weekend...

Weiss: Blake's a big girl, I'm sure she can handle herself!

Yang: Weiss, come on. She's one of our teammates.

Weiss: Is she? We all heard what she said!

Yang: Maybe she is, maybe she isn't. Either way, she's missing, and we need to find her!

Weiss: A member of the White Fang! Right underneath our noses!

Ruby: I...I just hope she's okay. 

As Ruby expressed concern about Blake, X-49 walked ahead. 

Ruby: Where are you going? 

X-49: I'll go on ahead. Might be better if we covered more ground. 

Ruby: Be careful, X-9. 

X-49 smiled as he nods to his adopted sisters. X-49 then walked ahead and searched the city for Blake on his own. Every possible lead he could find turned up dry. As night came, X-49's search came no where. As he got near the Vale Port, X-49 came across a stray pug dog with a huge smile and an odd, heart-shaped tongue. X-49 was rendered speechless by the sight of the dog that showed no fear of him. X-49 picked up the dog and the dog licked him. A huge smile fell on X-49's face as he became fond of the dog. 

X-49: Lulu...sweet thing.

X-49 immediately adopted Lulu as his dog. The tender moment was interrupted by what sounded like a fight. X-49 puts Lulu down and speaks to her. 

X-49: Stay here. 

X-49 readied his pistols and began running to where the fighting was heard. He made his way to the Vale Port where Blake and the Monkey Faunus from before was in combat with Roman Torchwick and a group of White Fang soldiers. As X-49 fired on the White Fang soldiers, Roman immediately recognized him. 

Roman: So we meet again, my mechanical friend! I was hoping to hear your splendid music again!

X-49: I'm touched. Now here's what's gonna happen. You and your little goon squad are gonna surrender. 

Blake: Get out of here, X-49! This is my fight!

Monkey Faunus: Our fight!

Blake: Not now, Sun!

X-49: Everybody needs a little help once and a while. Whatever's bothering you, going alone won't help. 

Roman: How touching!

Without warning, Roman attacks X-49 with his cane, knocking one of the pistols out of his hand. X-49 was able to regain his footing and engaged Roman in a fist fight while Blake and Sun fought the White Fang soldiers. Later, Ruby and Penny arrive much to the shock of everyone. 

Roman: Well, hello, Red! Isn't it past your bedtime?

As Roman focused his attack on Ruby, Penny revealed her impressive combat abilities. Upon scanning Penny's vitals, he quickly realizes that Penny was in fact a robot of design similar to him. The fight quickly turned against Roman's favor as he cut his loses. 

Roman: These kids just keep getting weirder...

As Roman makes his escape, a White Fang soldier shoots at X-49, preventing him from firing a shot at Roman's legs. Instantly, Lulu charged in and bites the White Fang soldier's arm. 

White Fang Soldier: ARGH! Get the fuck off of me, you dumb fucking mutt!

The White Fang soldier then hits Lulu. This greatly angers X-49 as he reaches for the White Fang soldier and grabs him by the arm. He then breaks the soldier's arm. The sound of the bones being broken was matched by his loud screams. X-49 then grabbed him by the head and slams him on a car multiple times. As the White Fang soldier was dispatched, X-49 tends to Lulu who whimpers in pain. 

X-49: Don't worry, Lulu. I'll take care of you. 

Later, a handful of police cars are at the docks, where Ruby, Blake, Sun, and Penny are sitting on boxes in silence while X-49 tends to Lulu. Soon enough, Yang and Weiss arrived. A black limo then arrives to pick Penny up. 

Ruby: Look Weiss, it's not what you think, she explained the whole thing. See, she doesn't actually have a bow, she has kitty ears and they're actually kind of cute...

Blake: Weiss, I want you to know that I'm no longer associated with the White Fang. Back when I was with the...

Weiss: Stop! Do you have any idea of how long we've been searching for you? Twelve hours. That means I've had twelve hours to think about this. And in that twelve hours, I've decided...I don't care. 

Blake was surprised at how Weiss was able to move past Blake's past. X-49 watched the scene unfold with a smile on his face. 

Ruby: Yeah! Team RWBY is back together!

As Ruby said that, Lulu barked happily. Soon enough, all attention fell on Lulu.

Ruby: Who's that? 

X-49: Lulu...sweet thing. She's coming with us. 

Immediately, Ruby and Yang immediately fell in love with Lulu as she reminded them of their pet dog Zwei back home. Weiss hid her affection for Lulu as Blake became instinctively defensive. With that, Roman Torchwick's plot with the White Fang had failed. X-49 considered this day to be a good day. Not only did Team RWBY overcome their differences yet again, but X-49 had also formed a life changing friendship with Lulu. X-49 adopted Lulu without hesitation and gave Lulu the same love and affection he gave to his adopted sisters. But what X-49 and Team RWBY didn't know was that this plot was only the beginning of a much larger conspiracy that threatened the peace and stability of Remnant.