Chapter Seventeen - Best Day Ever

After the incident at the docks, the members of Team RWBY were able to complete the rest of the first semester without much incident. X-49 managed to convince Ozpin to keep Lulu around. At that point on, X-49 and Lulu became inseparable. One day at the last day of their break, Ruby spoke with her teammates as X-49 was feeding Lulu.

Ruby: Four score and seven minutes ago, I had a dream.

Yang: This ought to be good.

Ruby: A dream that one day, the four of us will come together, as a team, and have the most fun anyone has ever had...ever!

Weiss: Did you steal my binder?

Ruby: I am not a crook!

Blake: What are you talking about?

Ruby: I'm talking about kicking off the semester with a bang!

Yang: I always kick my semesters off with a Yang! Eh? Guys? Am I right?

As Yang made that pun, there was a collective groan of embarrassment from the other members of Team RWBY. X-49 simply chuckled.

Ruby: Look guys, it's been a good two weeks and between more exchange students arriving and the tournament at the end of the year, our second semester is going to be great! But, classes start back up tomorrow! Which is why I've taken the time to schedule a series of wonderful events for us today.

X-49: That sounds like a good idea, kiddo.

Weiss: I don't know whether to be proud or scared of what you have in store.

X-49: I'm you you four are gonna have fun. I gotta take Lulu on a walk.

Ruby: Have fun, X-9!

With that, X-49 began walking Lulu around the grounds of Beacon Academy. Lulu barked with excitement. As the two walked, nothing of note happened. Time passes as the two walked the grounds of Beacon. Eventually, they were near the cafeteria where a commotion was heard. Curious, X-49 enters the cafeteria where an all out food fight was in progress. At the center of this food fight was Team RWBY and Team JNPR.

Nora: I'm queen of the castle! I'm queen of the castle!

Ruby: Justice will be swift! Justice will be painful! It will be delicious!

As the food fight commenced, X-49 couldn't help but chuckle.

X-49: Heh. Is this your idea of a "best day forever", kiddo?

As X-49 says this, Lulu runs across the cafeteria to eat the food that was now on the floor. X-49 pulls out his trumpet and begins playing a tune to serenade the battle. At some point, Sun and his friend Neptune entered the cafeteria to see the food fight happening before them.

Sun: I love these guys!

As the food fight continued, X-49 continued to play his trumpet. Eventually, the doors to the cafeteria were slammed open as Glynda Goodwitch enters the cafeteria with an angered look on her face.

Glynda: Children, please. Do not play with your food!

As the members of Team RWBY and Team JNPR attempt to regain their composure, X-49 puts away his trumpet. He sees Lulu still eating the food on the ground.

X-49: Lulu. Come here.

Without hesitation, Lulu runs over to X-49 and jumps on him and begins licking his face.

X-49: Lulu....sweet thing.

Soon enough, Ozpin enters the cafeteria. He looked around the room and could see the mess made during the food fight. However, his reaction was the opposite of Glynda's as he simply chuckled.

Ozpin: Let it go.

Glynda: They're supposed to be the defenders of the world.

Ozpin: And they will be, but right now they're still children. So why not let them play the part? After all, it isn't a role they'll have forever.

With that, Ozpin lets the members of Team RWBY and Team JNPR off the hook for the food fight. As Ozpin and Glynda leave the cafeteria, X-49 walks over to Team RWBY while still holding Lulu.

X-49: So this was your idea of a "best day ever"?

Ruby: Not....exactly. It just....kinda happened.

X-49 looked around at the mess created by the food fight.

X-49: I feel bad for the janitors.

Weiss: Nonsense! We are going to clean up the mess we've made at once!

Pyrrha: I agree. It would be horrible if we just left this mess unattended to. We created this mess. It is our responsibility to clean it up.

X-49: Guess I'll be joining you all in that....endeavor.

Yang: Why you? You didn't even throw any food? You just played your trumpet.

X-49: But I could've stopped it. And I didn't. Like Ozpin said earlier. You're still kids and you won't be kids forever.

With that, X-49 joined Team RWBY and Team JNPR in cleaning up the factory. Lulu proceeded to eat some of the food. Ruby was starstruck.

Ruby: Aww! So cute! Just like Zwei back home!

X-49 smiled at Lulu. It didn't take long for the group to clean up the cafeteria. It was practically spotless.

X-49: Good job, everyone.

Weiss: This was a rather....interesting day I will admit.

With that, the members of Team RWBY and Team JNPR called it a day as they went back to their dorms to rest up for the next day. As for X-49, he would continue to take care of Lulu. It was clear to X-49 that the second semester of Beacon Academy would be just as eventful as the last one. But what he didn't know was that a dark plot had been set in motion. The same forces responsible for Torchwick's robberies and the White Fang's involvement were now in Vale and ready to put their plan into action.

The Tale Of X-49: A RWBY Storyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें