Chapter Six - The Heiress

As Ruby and X-49 began exploring Beacon Academy, Ruby began excitedly asking X-49 about his pistols. X-49 chuckles at the high energy of his adopted sister. On the way there, Ruby bumps into a luggage cart, sending cases flying. As X-49 helps Ruby up, they were both confronted by a girl in white. 

Girl In White: What are you doing?!

Ruby: Uh, sorry! 

Girl In White: Sorry?! Do you have any idea of the damage you could have caused?

Ruby: Uuhhh...

Girl In White: This is Dust - mined and purified from the Schnee quarry!

Ruby: Uuuhhhh...

Girl In White: What are you, brain-dead? Dust! Fire, water, lightning, energy!

Ruby: I know.....

Before Ruby could finish her sentence, she sneezes into the Dust, which erupts into a full-blown explosion of flame, snowflakes, and electricity right onto the girl. 

Girl In White: Unbelievable! This is exactly the kind of thing I was talking about!

X-49: Take it easy. She didn't do it on purpose. 

Girl In White: You stay out of this, robot! This is between me and this dolt!

Ruby: Hey! That's my brother you're talking to!

Girl In White: Your brother? Clearly you are brain-dead. That is a robot. A robot most likely designed by the Atlesian Military! 

As the girl says this, X-49 began to remember his fragmented memory banks. It was real possibility that he could've been built by the Atlesian Military in some shape or form. The girl soon redirects her attention back to Ruby. 

Girl In White: What are you even doing here? Aren't you a little young to be attending Beacon?

Ruby: Well, I-I..

Girl In White: This isn't your ordinary combat school. It's not just sparring and practice, you know! We're here to fight monsters, so...watch where you're going!

Ruby: Hey, I said I was sorry, princess!

Upon hearing that, the girl in white became furious. Before she could respond, a black haired girl wearing a bow jumped in.

Black Haired Girl: It's heiress, actually. Weiss Schnee, heiress to the Schnee Dust Company. One of the largest producers of energy propellant in the world.

Weiss: Finally! Some recognition!

Black Haired Girl: The company infamous for it's controversial labor forces and questionable business partners.

Weiss: What?! How dare....

At that point, Weiss had had enough and storm off.

Ruby: I promise I'll make this up to you! 

Ruby turned around to talk to the black haired girl, but she had already walked away. Ruby sighed in defeat. 

Ruby: Welcome to Beacon....

X-49: Don't worry about it, kiddo. There's plenty of people in this school. 

Ruby: Sorry about what that girl said to you. 

X-49: It's nothing. She's not wrong. I am a robot after all. 

As X-49 and Ruby were about to start walking, they were approached by the blonde haired boy from the train. 

Blonde Boy: Hey... I'm Jaune.

Ruby: Ruby. Aren't you the guy that threw up on the ship?

Jaune: Hey! All I'm saying is that motion sickness is a much more common problem than people let on!

Ruby: Look, I'm sorry! Vomit Boy was the first thing that came to mind.

X-49 chuckled at the friendly reaction between Ruby and Jaune. As Ruby and Jaune continued to talk, Jaune became curious about X-49. 

Jaune: So uh...who's your friend? 

Ruby: That's my brother! X-49!

Jaune: You're brother's a robot?

X-49: Let's just say I'm here to keep her and her sister out of trouble. 

Jaune: Right....

Ruby: Trouble won't come my way with this baby!

As Ruby presents Crescent Rose, Jaune becomes surprised. 

Jaune: Whoa! Is that a scythe?

Ruby: It's also a customizable high-impact sniper rifle!

Jaune: A wha.....

Ruby: It's also a gun.

With that, a friendship was formed between Ruby and Jaune. X-49 smiled at how Ruby was able to get along with Jaune. It also gave him some breathing room from Ruby gushing over his guns. 

Ruby: So why'd you help me out back there? In the courtyard?

Jaune: Eh, why not? My mom always says, 'Strangers are just friends you haven't met yet

Ruby: Hmm. Hey, where are we going?

Jaune: Oh, I don't know! I was following you. Y-You think there might be a directory? Maybe a food court? Some kind of recognizable landmark? Is, uh... Is that a 'no'?

X-49: Hang on a sec.....

X-49 began to look around and found the directory. He took a good look at it and copied it onto his memory memory banks. 

X-49: There we are. 

Jaune: What? 

X-49: I got the directory downloaded into my memory banks. We're going the complete opposite direction. 

Ruby/Jaune: What?!

X-49: Based on this map, we seem to be heading in the direction of the lecture hall when we should be heading to the training area. That's where orientation is. 

Jaune: Aw man! How did we get so sidetracked?!

X-49: We still got time before orientation starts. Just follow my lead and we'll get there with time to spare. 

Ruby: I wonder how Yang's handling herself out here so far. 

X-49: Probably knee deep in some sort of trouble. I honestly feel bad for anyone who tries to get fresh with her. 

Ruby: But they'll have you do deal with! Especially with those cool guns of yours!

X-49: You're right about that, kiddo. Anybody who tries to get fresh with you will have me to deal with as well. 

As X-49 says this, he immediately becomes nervous. Not wanting to anger X-49, Jaune kept to himself and simply followed them. Though the start was a rocky one, Ruby was confident about her time in Beacon. While she was nervous, Ruby could always count on Yang and X-49.