December 20, 1971

"I'm going to miss you guys" Ainsley said, hugging Lily, Marlene, Grace, and I.

"We're going to miss you too. We got you something" Lily replied, grabbing the gift we bought her out of her hand. It was a small photo of the five of us playing a game in our dorm.

"I love it" Grace said "We can put it in our dorm when we get back". We all said goodbye and I went off to find the boys.

"Hello boys" I said, plopping myself down on the common room couch next to James.

"You know we don't like it when you refer to us like that" Sirius replied.

"That's precisely why I do it" I said "What are you guys doing for Christmas?" I asked.

"Peter is going home," James said. Peter rolled his eyes "Look Peter, I know it's going to suck but you'll be back with us soon" James said. "I think that Sirius and I are going home too. Aren't you Sirius?" James asked him. He was just staring at the fire.

"Sirius?" Rem asked.

"What? Oh yeah, I'm going home" he said, snapping out of his trance. We all knew he didn't want to go back.

"You can stay with me," James offered.

"Thanks but mum wants me home. Maybe next year" he said, getting out of his seat. We all walked down to the train together. Once we found an empty compartment, we bought a lot of candy off the trolley and laughed the whole time.

"Ok, I'm thinking Minnie? She seems like the best subject for the poof powder" Sirius said.

"Are you sure that it works?" I asked. I didn't mind messing around a little but I wanted to make sure it worked.

"Oh yeah, it works great. Just ask Peter" all the guys laughed. What goes on in their dorm when I'm not there? Probably things that I don't want to know.

"Bye guys!" Rem yelled as we found mum and dad.

"Dad!" I said running into his arms "I missed you. You too mum" I said, hugging her.

"How was your first term at Hogwarts?" he asked once Remus caught up to us.

"AMAZING. We made a lot of friends and I'm having a lot of fun!" I said.

"What about you kiddo?" Dad said, looking at Rem.

"Oh yeah it was great, I had a lot of fun" he said.