October 2, 1972

"Welcome Gryffindor students to the 1972 quidditch tryouts. I'd like all of the seekers with Marlene, the chasers with Daniel, beaters with Lisa, and we're not going to need a keeper because that is my position" Grace called. All of the students walked over to their areas. I walked over to Daniel and the rest of the chasers. I was clearly the youngest (and the shortest).

...Timeskip...

"Y/n you need to sleep" Sirius said, sitting down next to me on the couch. We were the only two left in the common room.

"No, I can't sleep. What if I didn't make the team? God, I hate losing" I replied.

"Y/n I was at the tryouts. You did amazing. Daniel clearly saw that" Sirius said.

"Yeah. He was staring at me the whole time. Probably because I was screwing up" I said, getting up and sitting next to the fire.

"Well that might be to your advantage. A little birdy told me that Daniel's got a crush on you" Sirius replied. I just laughed. "What's so funny? It's true" he added.

"Yeah right. Daniel, the third year, teenage heartthrob likes me" I said, rolling my eyes.

"Well I don't know what goes on in that mind of yours but it's true. Play with it a little tomorrow and I bet you'll get on the team" Sirius said, walking up the stairs into his dorm room.

If what he was saying was true, I could get on the team no problem. It seems like a bad kid thing to toy with Daniel's feelings but we all know I'm not a good kid.