December 24,1974

"Thanks for letting me change in here by the way" Sirius called from the mirror in the corner of my dorm room.

"No problem but wait outside while I put my dress on" I said, pushing him out of the room. I slipped my dress on and put my shoes on.

I knew I didn't have a lot of time so I left my hair down, just brushed it out

I knew I didn't have a lot of time so I left my hair down, just brushed it out. When I closed the door behind me, I saw Sirius in the hallway.

He looked very wide eyed "Wow".

"Shut up Black. And before you ask why I'm wearing green, it's to spite Potter. Maybe he'll keep his lips away if I look like a Slytherin"

"Well I mean...weirdly...it's working for me"

"Seriously Sirius, I need you to calm down. I'm not going to get through this night without you" I said, putting my hands on his shoulders.

"Come on, we have dates to get to," he said, linking our arms and walking towards the great hall.

Walking down the stairs was a traumatizing experience. I didn't like all the stares and "ooo''s and it didn't help to see James trip over his feet and STILL keep eye contact.

"Ready to get this over with?" I said, linking arms with him and standing in line to go into the Great Hall.

"Not even a little" he replied smiling. We stepped into the great hall and got into the crowd before we were instructed to dance.

"You ready to dance my love?"

"Oh, not really"

The rest of the night was ... interesting. James WAS my date so I did have to dance with him, but no one said anything about using the bathroom every time he leaned in. I repeatedly asked him to grab us some food, and then run over to Sirius for tips on how to get James to bug off.

"Just let him kiss you. It can't be that terrible. Plus then he'll owe me 10 galleons" Sirius tried to tell me. Let's just say he wasn't helpful.

It's not like I was having a horrible time though. James was just as funny as usual and he was just as stupid as usual. "Watch this," he would say before throwing a bread roll at McGonagall head. He missed, terribly. No wonder he wasn't a chaser.

He kept making the stupidest jokes that weren't even funny but something about him made me laugh. Probably the silly dress robes his father made him wear, or maybe the funny way his hair was parted. Or the way his eyes shined and his glasses shimmered in the light.

By midnight I was less dreading the end of the night. James was off who knows where and I was resting my head on Sirius' shoulder.

"Tonight wasn't so bad," I told him.

"I hope you had more fun than you thought," he asked, looking down at me.

"If I admit it, will you tell James?"

"Never"