April 17, 1975

My only sense of hope was the letter I slipped under the boy's door with the large letters: JAMES POTTER ONLY. The note was simple, anonymous, and romantic. If he did what I expected him to, I'd see him on the roof of The Three Broomsticks at midnight.

12:00 am April 18, 1975

I didn't expect it to be this cold in April even at midnight. I felt like I had been sitting out here for hours before I heard someone climbing the ladder. Suddenly my heart started to beat faster, I can't face James right now.

"Y/n?" I heard someone ask, assuming it was James I didn't turn around.

"Yeah it's me and before you say anything, I just want to apologize. I just didn't feel that way about you but-" I paused "when my heart starts beating like it just did and when my cheeks turn red when I see you stare, I think that maybe things are different. And maybe things SHOULD be different. But I don't know..." I started to slowly turn around "you know I ramble sometimes and-".

Before I could finish I was pulled into a kiss, abruptly. And I know I've dreaded saying it, and I still kind of do, but I liked it. Maybe more than I should've. I pulled away so I could get a good look at his face. Let's just say I was immediately shocked. "REGULUS?".