Year 3 (The Year of the Animagi) September 19, 1973

"I don't that's what Professor Slughorn meant when he wanted you to study the book" Peter said as Sirius looked at the book questioningly.

"I think that it's much more interesting than actually reading it," he replied. Remus just rolled his eyes.

"Well, I should be getting to bed," Peter said. He yawned but I could tell it was fake. "Why don't you guys come with me?" he asked Sirius and Rem.

"Oh- uh, yeah. Let's go Rem" Sirius replied, getting out of his seat and grabbing Rem's arm.

"Y/n can I uh- talk to you?" James whispered to me. Crap. I knew what this was. Ever since James had called me the prettiest girl he'd ever seen, he kept trying to talk to me alone and I kept trying to leave. I don't think it was going to work this time. Peter was already up the stairs and Sirius and Remus were halfway up. I looked at Rem all mad and he just mouthed sorry. '

"Sooooo, Y/n. I just wanted to tell you that I think you're really pretty and I...have a crush on you. Will you be my girlfriend?" he asked. I really didn't know what to say so I just laughed. "What's so funny? Is that a yes?".

"Hahaha no" I said, shaking my head.

"But why?" he asked "I'm THE James Potter" he said, sticking his chest out.

"I don't care about that" I didn't really have a good reason other than the fact that I just didn't like him. "I only date athletes" I lied.

"Oh well, I can make that happen" he said. I chuckled again.

"Okay SURE. If you can make the quidditch team, I'll consider going out with you" I said, patting him on the shoulder. "Night Potter" I called pack to him walking up the stairs.