November 11, 1975

"We should probably get some sleep," I said, getting off the couch.

"Yeah you're probably right" James said, collecting his books and following me into the hallway. We heard some noises and turned back around to see Padfoot and Moony walk into the common room except Moony was holding Padfoot up. I turned back around and started to go up the stairs before James grabbed my arm.

"Are you kidding? This could be good" he told me. Reluctantly, I decided to stand in front of him and watch the two boys on the common room couch. Moony had laid Padfoot down and was standing over him.

"Oh Padfoot, I hope you'll be okay. If only you knew" Moony said, stroking his face. Was he unconscious?

"If only I knew what Moony?" Sirius asked.

"Hmmm?"

"You said 'If only you knew.' What don't I know?" Sirius asked.

"This is about to get good," I whispered to James, who was just staring at me. "Oh stop it. Watch them" I said.

"Oh," Moony said, shrugging his shoulders, "Nothing".

"No secrets Moony, please? Not anymore. I know you're a werewolf and I know you're embarrassingly horrible at having friends, and that's all turned out pretty well, hasn't it? Why not just trust me for once, instead of leaving me to work it out for myself?" Sirius asked. He was sounding less and less like he was about to pass out. I wondered what Rem's secret was.

Remus just sighed and sat there for a few seconds before speaking. "I-- it's just that I've fancied you for a long time, Padfoot" my jaw immediately went to the floor. James' eyes looked like they would bulge out of his head. "More than fancied. I think I-" he shook his head "You don't want to hear it" he said as a long paused followed.

"How long?" Sirius asked, sitting up so now he was visible to James and I.

"Fourth Year." Moony admitted.

"It was third, for me at least," Sirius said, smirking. My eyes just kept getting bigger and bigger before I literally thought they would pop out of my head.

"Oh my god. Go, go go!" I said, turning around to James and pushing him on the chest. We ran all the way upstairs and into the boys dorm. I just sunk to the floor with my back against the door.

"Oh my god, what was that?" James asked, pacing back and forth.

"I don't know, I thought that maybe he was going to admit he had stolen something but this? I was not expecting....that."

"I mean, what are we going to do and how are we going to act?"

"Well, I don't know. Let's just forget we heard anything and they'll tell us when we're ready" I said.

"Yeah, that's a good idea" he said, his face looking like he was about to be sick.

"Are you okay James? You don't look so good" I replied, still with my back to the door.

He didn't speak. "I just-- I DON'T THINK I CAN KEEP IT A SECRET" he yelled.

"Okay, okay, calm down, you can do this" I said "when they come up here just pretend like-" suddenly there was a knock on the door.

"Can we come in?" Moony said from outside the door. I stood up very quickly and walked over to James.

"Yeah, come in," James said. When the door opened, Sirius had his arm around Remus who was limping.

"Y/n? What are you doing here?" Sirius asked, looking a little dazed.

"Oh. I was just-" I started to say, facing them but pointing my thumb over my shoulder towards James.

"Y/n and I were just making out!" James blurted out. I immediately froze.

I took a big gulp before replying "uh yep. Yeah....we were just...yep" I said.

"Nice James!" Sirius said. Remus slapped Sirius' shoulder.

"Oh well, sorry for interrupting," Remus said, walking further into the room.

"No, it's okay. I was really just leaving. Let me just-"

"Are you okay James?" Sirius asked. I turned around to see that same sick look on James face.

"James don't you dare-" I started to say.

"WE SAW YOU TWO CONFESS YOUR FEELING FOR EACH OTHER" James blurted.

"DAMMIT JAMES" I said, flopping back onto Moony's bed.

Sirius and Remus looked at each other. "How much did you hear?" Sirius asked.

I answered while staring up at the ceiling "Everything".

"Well, look. We're not really sure what's next and we don't want you guys to feel-" Sirius started to say. Remus was blushing.

"Are you guys kidding? James and I love you both and nothing's going to change that" I said, standing up and leaning on the pole next to James' bed.

"Yeah, and we just want you to be happy" James and I looked at each other and smiled.

Sirius looked like he was about to cry "We love you guys so much" he cried as we all pulled into a group hug.

After what felt like hours, Remus spoke again for the final time tonight. "I guess now all we have to do is tell Peter" he said as we all looked over at the sleeping boy who hadn't woken up through all of this commotion.

"And my family," Sirius added.

James tried not to laugh, "That sounds like a problem for another day. Another LONG day".

We all laughed and James walked me out, shutting the door behind us. He grabbed my waist and kissed me without hesitation before I stared off into the distance.

"I'm happy for them" I said, readjusting my arms behind his back and staring back up into his eyes.

"Yeah me too. Me too" he replied as he pulled me into a hug, and started to rub my back "Me too".