September 6, 1972

"Now class, as you remember from last year, I am Professor Slughorn" I hear Slughorn say as I enter the room from behind him. Crap, I'm late on the first day of class I thought.

"Oh Y/n. How lovely of you to join us" he said, turning around to face me. Rem looked at me questioningly and Sirius just gave me a thumbs up.

"Sorry Professor I-"

"Oh no need to worry. I really don't mind one of my favorite students coming in late. Please, come sit down and join the class" he said pointing to an empty seat next to Sirius.

"Did you do it then?" Sirius asked as I sat down.

"Yeah, he's not going to know what hit him" I said as we fistpumped.

The rest of the class was boring. I'm good at Potions but I don't really enjoy it. All the classes at Hogwarts are difficult and feel like hours, technically they are. At least they're better than the regular classes I used to take at Muggle school. (Haha I'm writing this during a family fight and everyone is yelling at the ski resort. I'm lowkey scared).

About 5 minutes before class was over, Snape walked into the room with burned hair and black robes. "Mr. Snape, how nice of you to join us," Professor Slughorn said. Severus just stood in the doorway. "Come find your seat or explain to the class what happened to you," Slughorn added. At this, Snape just rushed to his seat without another word.