April 18, 1975

(A/n: You guys I'm so sorry for the delay. I promised more chapters and then I disappeared (oops). Anyway, I'm done with school now and so hopefully I can write more)

"Regulus what the-? What are you doing here?" I started to rub my lips with my hand in an attempt to get his kiss off.

"Well I got your note"

"Yeah, the note that specifically said 'JAMES POTTER ONLY'. I just can't believe the note never got to him. And that you're here and, and, and we just-"

"The note didn't say James Potter, it said Regulus. Here look". He pulled the ripped up envelope out of his pocket. Half of it was scribbled out in black in and the only part remaining was "ONLY" in all caps. Above the blacked out writing was Regulus' name. "See? I only came because I thought you wanted me here" he said.

I was in disbelief. Somehow, someone, somewhere, got the note and crossed out James to put Regulus and then proceed to get the note to the Slytherin commons.

But who was trying to come between me and James? Not Daniel, surely not Daniel. And it wasn't one of the boys, except- they WERE the only ones with access to the letter. I needed to see someone, just one of them.

Suddenly my thoughts changed; I only knew one other Slytherin that could get the letter to Regulus. And the only thing to do now was confront him.

...timeskip...

I dragged Severus into a broom closet and closed the door behind him. I held the note up to his face. "Tell me where you got this Severus" I questioned him.

"No, I promised"

"But you admit that you got this from someone? Someone trying to sabotage this note?"

"Fine, there was someone else involved. And you know her. A little too well".

And suddenly, once again, it all clicked.