Year Five (The Year of Love) June 21, 1975

"I'm really glad you came to visit us Sirius, we really missed you-"

"Stop with the small talk Y/n. Let's get down to the good stuff now that it's just the three of us" Sirius said, plopping down on to Rem's bed right next to him.

"What good stuff? What has Remus been telling you?"

"Oh don't pretend like we don't know Y/n. We're talking about James" Remus replied.

"Obviously" Sirius added, rolling his eyes. "Now when are you planning on telling him? I'm thinking right when we get back from break"

"Look I don't know what you're on Pads but I'm not telling him anything" I said as I crossed my arms and looked to Moony who just shrugged his shoulders. "If he liked me, he'd say something, right?"

"Why don't you just talk to him? Tell him how you feel?" Remus said.

"I've tried! But I can never seem to get it out," Y/n explained.

"Why don't you write it in a letter? Send it and then maybe when we get back from break he'll say something to you," Sirius suggested.

"I mean I guess. I've tried almost everything so if this doesn't work then I give up," Y/n said, getting up and looking for a spare piece of parchment and a quill and ink.

She sat down at her desk and dipped the quill in the ink pot, then hovered it over the parchment, thinking.

"Just write it Y/n, you've liked him for this long, it shouldn't be that hard to confess it to a piece of paper," Remus said, noticing Y/n's hesitation.

"But I'm not just confessing it to a piece of paper, I'm confessing it to him."

"Look, if he doesn't respond or say anything to you when we get back to Hogwarts, then say that it was a prank by some other student."

Y/n sighed and turned back to the paper. She started writing.