February 13, 1974

"Sooooo Y/n," James said, running up to me on my way to Potions.

"Yes, James?" I asked, trying to sound annoyed and then maybe he would leave.

"Now that my hair's back to normal and we have a little break in our Animagus training, I thought maybe we could go out" he said, with his puppy dog eyes.

"No"

"No?"

"No"

"Why?"

"Because, I really like guys with abs. Yeah, a nice six pack should do the trick" I said, bopping his nose and turning the corner.

"Wait Y/n" he yelled, catching up to me "How am I supposed to get abs?"

"That's a really good question. I'm not entirely sure but I'm sure you'll figure it out" I replied, patting him on the shoulder.

"But what if I can't get abs? Or what if it takes months?" he asked, sounding very concerned.

"I think that's a risk you have to be willing to take if you want all this" I said, doing my cocky dance.

"Okay, okay. We get it. You're hot" he said, rolling his eyes and laughing.

"Oh, am I?" I asked sarcastically.

"Uh yeah. Why else would I want to go out with you?" he replied, rolling his eyes.

"Well, I should hope because you like me and not just the way I look," I said, starting to get angry "the nerve in you. And to think that I was REALLY thinking of going out with you" I replied.

"Y/n, I really didn't mean it that way-" he tried to say before I just turned around and walked off.