February 11, 1975

After a month of searching for some stupid charm that we didn't even know existed, we were all about ready to give up.

"Let's just give it one more look," Padfoot pushed.

"If we haven't found anything yet, there's little chance that we're going to find it now" Moony said.

"I'm with Sirius, this could be the day! Who's with me?" I asked the three boys sitting on the floor of the common room, their backs turned to the fire.

"Me" James replied, standing up and walking over to me.

"Me" Peter said, standing up and walking over to Sirius. We all stared down at Moony.

He stood up and looked me in the eye "I hate when you guys outnumber me" he said, rolling his eyes and following us out of the common room.

...Timeskip...

I can't believe that I still haven't found the spell. We're still not even sure if it exists. I pull one of the last books off the shelf with the title Advanced Defensive Charms. As I open the book a page falls to the floor. I pick it up and read what it has to say.

I can't believe it. THIS is the charm; homunculous (this is the real spell they used). "I did it!" I whispered to myself "wait till Sirius gets a load of this".

I turned around only to be abruptly stopped by a hand over my mouth; James. I yanked his hand away. "What are you doing?!?!" I asked, still in a whisper tone.

"Please, please, please let me tell Moony that I found the spell. I have the best idea for our next mission and I'll let you be chief" James begged, his eyes in a puppy dog state. I really didn't have any good ideas for the mission but I didn't want to let James win.

"I don't think-" I started to say before James put his hand back over my mouth.

"Please?!" he asked once again. I'm not going to lie, I thought about licking his hand and running to tell Moony but I decided against it. I reluctantly looked down at the page and slowly handed it over to his waiting hand. He grabbed it and slowly moved his hand away from my mouth.

I looked into his eyes and he stared into mine. Slowly he looked at the floor and then disappeared behind a bookshelf.

"I FOUND IT. MOONY I FOUND IT" I heard James yell. After the librarian told him to shush, I poked my head out and saw the four boys huddled together.

"Brilliant James. You've won fair and square" Sirius said, patting him on the back. James looked back at me and gave me a sheepish smile before I walked out of the library.