November 17, 1973

"Y/n guess what today is?" Remus asked, walking into my dorm room.

"Ooooo I don't know. Tell me" I really didn't remember what he was talking about.

"Today is exactly two years from when we made our pinky promise. I am telling them, TODAY" my face immediately sank.

"Rem I don't think-"

"Yes" he interrupted "You promised. Besides, what's the worst that could happen?"

"THEY COULD KILL YOU" I screamed. Rem just calmly walked up to me and put his hands on my shoulders.

"Y/n, I trust them and I think you should too. They're not going to kill me"

"I know. I just worry about what they'll think of us. What they'll think of you"

"I know they'll be supportive. Promise. Can we do it now though? Before we all go to bed?" he asked.

"I think I can allow that," I replied, smiling. We walked down into the common room and then up into the boys dorm.

"I have something to tell you guys," Rem said, taking a big gulp. I went down and sat on Peter's bed, our legs on top of each other.

"Do tell" James replied, fixing his hair in the mirror.

"Before I do, we promised to be friends forever right? No matter what?" At this, Sirius made deep eye contact with him.

"Remus I don't know what you have to say but at this point, nothing could take me from your side"

"Dido" Peter, James and I said. Rem just smiled.

"Okay then. It's a little hard to believe but I am... a werewolf" I closed my eyes out of immediate shock. The only noise to be heard was James dropping his comb on the floor and slowly turning his head towards Rem. "And I know what you're thinking, but I'm really not harmful. Only on full moons do I transform and Dumbledore has made arrangements for me to keep safe and I'm always okay after"

"Remus..." Sirius said, getting off of his bed and walking towards Rem. Rem backed away with his back against the door.

"Don't" Rem replied "I don't need your sympathy. I just don't like keeping secrets from you guys"

"There must be something we can do-"

"There's nothing you can do! I don't want to put any of you in danger. You know what, forget it" he said, opening the door and leaving the room.

"What are we going to do? We have to get him" Sirius said.

"Just give up. He'll calm down" I tried to tell him, getting off the bed and standing next to James.

"Y/n we have to help him," Sirius said.

"THERE'S NOTHING WE CAN DO. I'VE TRIED. NOTHING WORKS"

"MAYBE YOU JUST WEREN'T TRYING HARD ENOUGH" he yelled back.

"YOU THINK I WASN'T TRYING? YOU THINK I LIKED SEEING MY BROTHER IN PAIN AND NOT BEING ABLE TO DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT. WATCHING HIM SUFFER AND NOT BEING ABLE TO TELL ANYONE. ALL THOSE TIME Rem HAD SCARS AND I HAD TO PRETEND OUR FAMILY WAS ABUSING HIM?"

"Y/n, I'm sorry. I didn't mean it like that" He said, holding his hand out towards me.

"Yeah, yeah I bet you didn't" I said, picking up my book and walking out the door.

"Y/n, wait!" I heard James call after me. I ran down the stairs trying to avoid him but he just grabbed my arm and spun me to face him.

"Y/n, I'm sorry. Sirius is a jerk sometimes. I'm sure you were doing everything you could" he said, pushing my hair behind my ear. Familiar?

"It just makes me feel that I really am not doing enough. That I'm not a good sister, or friend" I replied, looking down at the floor. He put his fingers under my face and lifted my head up so our eyes met.

"Are you kidding me? You're the best friend I've ever had. You're perfect..." he whispered the last part. Leaning in, he tried to kiss me. I turned my cheek to the side and waited for him to back up before I spoke.

"I can't James. What did I say? I just can't" I let go of his hand and started to walk away.

"Y/n..."

"I'm sorry. That was nice but, I'm sorry" I ran up the stairs and into my dorm. Gosh, all the things I had to say to Lily.