October 3, 1972

"Ugh, I hate this skirt. It's so short" I said, tugging down the skirt. Lily just flipped me around and put her hands on my shoulders.

"Y/n, listen to me. You have to do this, for your rightful spot on the quidditch team. Women are so sexualized these days, you might as well play into it" she said. I walked out of the dorm and headed towards the Great Hall. 

Everyone was eating breakfast by about now but I was only looking for one person, Daniel. I saw him sitting at the end of the Gryffindor table. Great, all the way on the other side of the room. I thought. I didn't want to have to wear this skirt with my hair all done up in front of everyone. I gained up some confidence and started to walk towards him. 

The boys were sitting down and they all turned and looked at me. I guess they were expecting me to sit with them but I just walked right past them. James practically had his jaw on the floor, Sirius and Remus rolled their eyes and Peter was just staring. I sat down right next to Daniel.

"Oh hey Y/n" he said, without looking up from his book. When he looked up, his eyes just widened. I tried not to look uncomfortable.

"Heyyy Daniel. I was just wondering what you were doing today?" I asked, trying my best to flirt.

"Oh I didn't really have any plans. Do you wanna hang out later maybe?" he asked.

"Yeah that sounds great. Do you wanna play some quidditch after lunch? I could show you some of those great skills I used at tryouts?" I said.

"Oh yeah, that sounds like fun. I'll see you there" he said. I stood up and walked back over to the boys and just buried my hands in my head.

"Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god" I said.

"Y/n. What was that?" Sirius asked. I slowly raised my head.

"I was trying to get my spot on the quidditch team. Sirius told me he liked me so I tried to play with that" I said.

"Wow. Just wow" Rem said.

"Well what did he say? Are you getting on the team?" Sirius asked.

"No, not yet. But we're going to play quidditch together later" I replied, trying to process what just happened.

"This is good, this is good. You're so close. All we need to do now is prepare you" Sirius said "How about we work on some flirting techniques in the common room before lunch?".

"I guess. But what do you know about flirting and relationships?" I asked.

"Y/n, Y/n, Y/n, Y/n. I can't believe you don't have faith in me. I have more experience then all of you combined" Sirius said, pointing to James and Peter who were barely listening.

"Fine, you can help me. But I'm only doing this for quidditch" I replied.

"I don't understand the big deal with quidditch. It's not really that exciting. I don't think you could PAY me to play" James said, rolling his eyes.

"James, quidditch is a game for the brave and strong hearted. I wouldn't expect you to understand" I replied, taking a bite out of Rem's pancake. He tried to push the plate away from me but I just kept reaching over to grab some more.