April 15, 1975

Easter, the largest holiday at Hogwarts (besides Christmas of course). All I knew was that I was not about to get on an 8 hour train ride with four boys who hated my guts. So I made sure that wasn't going to happen.

"Let's just say I may or may not have put all of the boys' names on the list for staying at Hogwarts over Easter break" I told Lily as we walked to our dorm.

"You didn't!"

"Oh yes I did. Lily, it's perfect. The five of us are practically going to be the only ones in the castle and then I can get them to forgive me with a classic Marauders grand gesture"

"But what if they find out you put their names on the list?" Lily asked, sounding very concerned.

"I've perfected all of the boys handwriting. The sheet looks like they wrote their names themselves"

"You're so devious"

"LILY" I scoffed, "Stop......you're making me blush"

My issue with this brilliant plan is I hadn't actually come up with any idea of how to get the boys to forgive me. It's not like I had done something horrible; it was honestly because I didn't want to embarrass James. Or was it about hiding my feelings? No it couldn't be! I don't even like him.

One day in the library it came to me, the perfect James Potter way to apologize to James Potter; a date.