December 19, 1974

"The ball is in a few days. What am I going to do Lily?"

I asked, lying down on my bed.

"Come with me? I'm sure Severus wouldn't mind you tagging along"

"No, I'd rather not. Don't want to be a silly tag along. Worst case scenario Sirius and I go together"

"Don't you think the worst case scenario is James?"

"Well obviously Lily, but that's never, ever, EVER, going to happen"

...timeskip...

"It's going to happen Sirius. HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME? Taking Mary to the ball? Instead of me?"

"I'm sorry Y/n. Mary's a nice girl and James practically begged me" the common room door opened "speaking of James" Sirius said, getting off the couch and then walking up the stairs.

"Y/N!" James said, walking over to me.

"James" I said sarcastically, throwing my arms up and scooting over so James could sit down.

"Now I assume you're expecting this but... will you go to the ball with me-"

"Sure"

"-and before you say no, I'd just like to say... wait what? Yes?"

"Yes, I'll go to the ball with you" he grabbed me into a big hug.

"Oh Y/n I love you so much"

"OKAY there Potter. Take it easy, it's just the ball"

"But-but you want to go with me?" he said, pulling away and looking into my eyes. I crossed my arms and looked away so he wouldn't have the satisfaction.

"Well yes, but only because no one else has asked me"

"Really? No one? I would have thought that-"

"Okay we don't need to talk about how I'm not as 'eye catching' as I pretend to be"