September 21, 1973

"I'd like to welcome everyone to the 1973 Gryffindor Quidditch Team" Grace called. We all got into our groups and Daniel started to tell us what we were going to do. Suddenly I saw someone walk onto the field.

"WAIT. I'd like to try out for Gryffindor...seeker" James shouted. Marlene rolled her eyes and whispered something to Grace.

"Ok, you can try out. Get your things on and grab a broom out of the locker room" Grace said. He looked over at me and then walked off. Was he really about to do this? Just for me?

During the tryouts, I tried to look over at him, hoping he would fail. But he seemed to be doing pretty well.

"He's a natural" I heard Grace whisper to Marlene. I just rolled my eyes.

...Timeskip...

"I thought you said no one could pay you to play quidditch. Isn't that what you said?" I asked as we both sat down on the common room couch.

"Well I guess you're more important to me than money" he said, trying to sound heartfelt.

"That's so touching," I said, putting my hand over my heart "And congratulations on making the team. I didn't know you could play that well" I told him.

"Neither did I" he said under his breath "I mean- I knew I was good. I just didn't want to play. So will you go out with me now?" he asked excitedly.

"Uhhh errr uh mmm no"

"Well why not? I did what you asked?" he asked.

"You did, and it was sweet but I'm really only into blondes" I lied once again.

"Where am I supposed to get hair dye?" he asked as I stood up and walked towards the stairs.

"If you want this that bad, you'll figure it out" I told him, walking out of the room.

...Next day...

I was walking to Potions when I heard James walk up to me. "Y/n I've done my research and the only place I can get hair dye is at the next Hogsmeade visit" he said. I didn't even look over at him but rather just stared forward and kept walking.

"Guess you'll have to wait till then" I said, shrugging my shoulders and walking into class.