Chapter 93 - Emma

The rest of the day before I had to get to work was hazy. We'd had another hot and heavy round while he fucked his fingers in my ass, stretching me for another butt plug. Callan had apparently decided I should wear one to work. I was both scared and thrilled about the prospect of wearing it around oblivious people.

This butt plug was slightly bigger than the first one, but not by much. I knew what Callan wanted, and I couldn't help but wonder if he planned for it to happen tonight when I would be with the entire group.

Before Gideon drove me to work, I took advantage of his heavenly shower. My work clothes had been washed and dried for me. I had no idea who had done it, but I was grateful because I hadn't even thought about getting them clean.

I'd wanted to arrive at Euphoria before anyone else, so they wouldn't see us together, but Gideon had other plans. We got there a few minutes later than when I should've been at work, though, I wasn't technically late for my shift.

He went straight to his office the second we got inside the club, but not before he smacked my ass right in front of Mark and sent me a wicked wink.

Blushing, I looked from Gideon's retreating form to a wide-eyed Mark. I guessed the cat was out of the bag now.

"Hi, Mark," I said awkwardly as I fidgeted with my bag. Luckily, no-one else of my co-workers had seen us.

"So, you and the big boss?" he asked, clearly uncomfortable and stunned. There was something disapproving in his eyes that made me defensive. "That's the guy you just started dating?"

Not that it was any of his business, but... "Yes," I answered, not seeing the point in denying that I was with Gideon when he'd seen it with his own eyes.

"Emma, do you even know him? I mean, I respect him as a boss and all, but there's something off about him," Mark said in a low voice like he was afraid Gideon would hear him.

"You don't have to worry. Gideon wouldn't do anything to hurt me." At least, not in a way I didn't enjoy.

"Just...just watch out for yourself," he advised and walked away. This was possibly the shortest conversation I'd ever had with him, but it was all for the best.

Walking to my locker to get ready, I bit back a moan, feeling the toy move with each step I took. It was the strangest feeling, but I liked it all the same.

My shift started out like it usually did, with me making drinks and exchanging a few short talks with the customers. I tried to ignore the butt plug in my ass, but there was no ignoring its effects. I was constantly turned on and growing more and more desperate with each minute. Maybe this was why Callan had wanted me to wear it.

I felt Gideon instantly, like a phantom caress against my skin, bringing goosebumps out to play. I didn't turn around right away, too busy handing a customer a mojito.

"Holy shit, isn't that the same man who dragged you away yesterday?" Someone whisper-yelled into my ear. It took me a second to realize that it was Ruby—the same woman I bartended with yesterday.

"The one and only," I answered back as I finally turned to look at him. My eyes drank him in greedily like I hadn't seen him in weeks. He wore a navy suit this time, derailing from his usual black ones. His hair was slightly unkempt as opposed to when he dropped me off as if he'd run his fingers through them. The tattoos around his neck and his hands mixed with the mountain of a man that he was and the aura of authority around him, no one could mistake him for anything less than dangerous—but he was my kind of dangerous.

Gideon looked at me like he both wanted to punish me and devour me as if he couldn't decide between the two. Of course, he had nothing to punish me for; I'd done nothing wrong—at least, to my knowledge. I even wore pants like he'd ordered me to.

My eyes trailed him as he stalked towards the bar and sat down on a barstool, shocking the hell out of me. For as long as I'd been working here, he hadn't been in this part of the club while it was open—obviously, or else I would've put two and two together real quick and found out that he was my boss. Ruby didn't recognize him either, and she had worked here for far longer than me.

I didn't know what I had expected on this shift after we both found out that I was his employee. I'd just guessed it would be like any other shifts if I was being honest. He would work in his office and do...whatever it was he usually did, and I would bartend. Separate. Easy. Him keeping me company? That hadn't even crossed my mind.

"Can I get you anything?" I asked after the shock ran off. I leaned in, anticipating the whisper. If I hadn't, it would've been impossible to hear him over the loud music and the yells of others.

"Shirley Temple, I'm driving." He kept it short and simple. Not knowing what the protocol was for him paying, seeing as he owned this place, I hesitated slightly. He made the decision for me as he reached for his wallet and gave me a hundred-dollar bill. What was it with these men and Benjamin Franklin? Didn't they have any love for Alexander Hamilton, Andrew Jackson, or even Ulysses S. Grant?

Accepting his money, I handed him back the change, which he promptly threw in the tip jar. I decided against complaining, partly because Ruby was watching the exchange and partly because half of the tips were rightfully hers. I knew she was a single mom of one, and she needed the money. But...I still felt wrong taking money from him—even if it was tips. I guess I just had to work through my problems with it, because I knew my dominants wouldn't change.

I served Gideon his non-alcoholic drink, and just as I was about to ask what he was doing out here, another customer yelled at me. One turned into two others, and I was quickly busy mixing drinks. The last call was always our busiest time; everyone wanted another drink before the bar closed.

Throughout the night, I felt Gideon's eyes on me, watching me work. It distracted me enough that I had to redo a couple of drinks I'd done wrong, but luckily the ones ordering was nice enough about it.

Mixed with the sensation of the toy inside me and Gideon's heavy stare, I was more worked up than ever. I was just glad I had black pants on, or else they would've probably had a visible wet spot on the crotch by now.

"You're so going to get it." Ruby was once again talking in my ear. The customers had dwindled down, and we got a second to breathe. I looked at her, she nodded towards Gideon and sent me a wink. "He hasn't stopped watching you since he got here. Boyfriend?" she asked.

"Eh...something like that." I blushed and made myself busy wiping down the bar top, not wanting more questions about Gideon and our relationship. I desperately wanted to avoid her finding out he was our boss; it was enough that Mark already knew. I was afraid people would think I was a gold-digger or screwed him for better pay. I hoped Mark didn't think so lowly of me.

Finally, the music got turned off, and people were ushered out of the club. I was burning red-hot, and my needy pussy had reached way past its limit of teasing.

Gideon stayed with me till the end while I was finishing up my work. I'd only gotten two words from him, but I hadn't expected more, not while we were out in public.

Mark came out from his office where he'd been hiding all night. Normally, he would make rounds and make sure everything ran smoothly. I didn't know if he was avoiding Gideon...or me. He didn't even make eye-contact with me as his gaze swept over the room. It traveled briefly over both Gideon and me but settled on Ruby as he walked up to her.

It was...sad. We'd been friends since I started working here, and while I hadn't found his come-ons welcome, I'd still liked having him as my friend. Guess I was only good enough if he had a chance to get in my pants—no matter how small that chance was. No. It was wrong for me to judge. Maybe he was hurt. I hoped not, I'd never given any indication that I liked him in that sort of way, but you never knew.

"Get your things. Mark will lock up," Gideon said behind me. I turned around to see him looking at Mark with narrow eyes.

I felt two pairs of eyes on my back as I went to the locker room—one was brief, while the other followed me until I was out of sight.