Chapter 133 - Emma

Sometime early the following day, I woke to someone stroking my cheek softly. My eyelids fluttered as I tried to open them, but sleep held on tight.

"Wake up, Baby girl," a voice whispered.

As I woke further, I finally managed to open my eyes and turned my head, looking over my shoulder to see Gideon standing over me.

"Is it morning already?" I murmured, blinking against the harsh light filtrating in through the window; yeah, it was definitely morning.

Gideon nodded. "Join me in the kitchen," he said and promptly left. Only then did I notice the hard surface I'd been sleeping on.

Callan laid on his back beneath me. Somehow throughout the night, I'd managed to weasel my way on top of him. My feet were between his, and my entire upper body was folded on his chest. One of his arms was slung over my shoulders, hugging me against him. Another hand rested on my lower back, and when I turn around I saw it was Mateo's.

Careful not to wake them, I removed their arms and wiggled out of my position and off the bed, and fucking hell, my body hurt. It felt like I'd had a three-hour-long workout, and I kind of had. Sex could totally be considered as a workout, especially the kind I'd gotten yesterday.

Wincing all the way to the closet, I found underwear, denim shorts, and a basic white t-shirt. My body was stiff and tender from yesterday's abuse, and my movements were jerky as I walked. It seriously felt like I'd gotten a bruise in my ass with how much it ached.

With the clothes in my hands, I hoped Gideon would be fine with me taking a quick shower. While my body was clean from the bath we'd had, my hair was far from it. My braid was messy and practically falling apart, but I could tell it looked oily from all the sweating.

In record time, I finished up my shower and dried my hair until it was dry enough to put it in a high ponytail. A few droplets of water dripped down my t-shirt from the ends of my hair, but I couldn't find it in me to care.

Walking out of the bathroom and back into the bedroom, I had to bite my lips to keep the laugh from coming out and trust me, it was hard to remain silent as I looked at the men in the bed.

In my absence, Callan and Matteo had snuggled together and held around each other as if they thought they were holding me. It was comical to watch, but also strangely cute. I couldn't help but grab my phone, which had magically appeared on the nightstand, and took a photo of the two. This was something I'd definitely want to immortalize.

Letting them sleep in their embrace, I exited the room and went to Gideon. I found him rummaging in his cupboards, picking out different ingredients, and laying them out on the kitchen counter.

I blushed as I walked into the kitchen, remembering the last time I'd been in here and what had happened.

"Good, you're here," he said as soon as he saw me, snapping me out of my thoughts. "I figured we could make breakfast together." His offer to cook together made my stomach flutter with butterflies, and I was reminded of my realization yesterday. I was falling for this man, just as I was falling for his friends too. I wasn't ready to look at it too closely just yet, but I wouldn't deny what was happening either.

"I'd like that," I answered with a smile. I'd whispered like I always did whenever I talked to Gideon. "What are we making?"

"Brussels waffles," he answered over his shoulder. Finding everything we would need, he went to grab both of our aprons. Before I could even try to tie my own apron, Gideon turned me around and did it for me. My heart danced in its cage. Small gestures like this meant so much for me, especially from him, knowing it didn't come as natural for him as it did for Callan and Mateo.