You Are (Not) My Destiny Part 18

Set up your music player, find the song and listen to it while you read the story part of this novel. Set up your music player, find the song and listen while you read the part of the story of this novel.

1. Jeong Sewoon – Oh My Angel

2. Yoo Seonho – One Blue Star

3. Junggigo – Only U

4. Seulgi & Wendy – Only You

5. PRODUCE X 101 CRAYON – Pretty Girl

6. Elaine – Rain or Shine

7. SEVENTEEN – Say Yes

8. RED VELVET – See The Stars

9. ASTRO – Should've Held On

10. Soyou & Junggigo - Some

BAEK CHOEUN'S POV

Is this just my feeling... I went around the café and counted the average hourly visitors this Sunday. Something's feel strange.

"Noona, what's wrong? Noona has been going up and down the stairs for five times, you know."

Bojin's rebuke caught me and I walked over to him behind the counter.

"I don't know Bojin... I just want to know your opinion, do you think our cafe is a bit quiet lately?"

"Hmm... yes, it seems that in the past three days there have been almost no queues in front, even though this is the weekend, huh," replied Bojin while leaning over to look at the front door, "have you checked customer data? There are numbers that are more certain."

I followed Bojin's advice and opened the data on the laptop which was placed near the cashier's desk. Right, to make sure the data is real, I have to see it in person. Bojin followed me looking at the laptop over my shoulder.

"I think there is a decrease, noona, look at this... I've seen it since the last two weeks. But it's not really significant..."

"But it continues to decrease. A little, but every day, Bojin. Is there something wrong, huh? Should we have another event?"

"I think the last time we held an event was in February, it's been quite a while. We have to try that strategy again."

"What strategy?" asked Donghyun who suddenly appeared at my side.

"You shocked me!" I complained as I threw a fist into his arm.

"Sorry noona."

"Oh Donghyun, you came again, vacation is boring, huh?"

"I admit it is a bit boring, hyong. When do you have free time? Let's play basketball or something."

"I have a holiday next Friday. How about that day?" bargained Bojin.

I snorted slowly. It's so funny to see Bojin and Donghyun's relationship. I can clearly feel Donghyun's dislike for Bojin during their first meeting, but see what happens next? They are like friends now. Uh, but if you want to say friends, it's not really suitable... they are only senior and junior in the campus basketball club. I don't know, I think their "intimacy" is a little strange.

"But next Friday we will start college hyong," Donghyun replied with a sigh, which made me laugh lightly.

Donghyun's complaint is typical, I always remember that, because he always did it since I first met him in grade 7 in middle school. I guess his instincts as the youngest really couldn't lie people. The two men were still chatting and haggling over when they could practice basketball when I saw four middle-aged women standing outside the café and pointing at the café. What is wrong? Why did they hesitate to enter? Some of my employees are also hesitant to invite them in, because the women haven't entered the enter zone where when they are in that area, my employees will definitely pick them up. So I guess I'll just ask them. I left my place and stepped outside.

"Good afternoon... do you want to try relaxing in our cafe? Come on, let me take you inside."

With a slight bow while greeting, I walked over to them. One of the women looked at me from head to toe, making me a little uncomfortable.

"Agassi... is the owner of this café?"

"Ah yes, madam. Can I take you in now?"

"Oh so she is the owner. Hmmm, she looks okay."

As if heeding my presence, other women commented on my appearance. What the heck is this happening now?

"Yes, she looks very young. I think I understand why. She is beautiful, looks young and rich."

They are now pointing at the car I just bought less than two weeks ago. It is true that this car is neither cheap nor expensive, but what is wrong if I have a car now?

"Ah, it is understandable that the young man would like her. He's still in college, right? Obviously if he marries this girl, he won't have to bother about anything later."

I've been trying to be friendly. I've tried to always act professional. But slowly their words entered my mind and I understand who they are talking about now, although I don't know what they really mean: want to criticize us or gossip? Can they not test my nerve?

"Would you like to stop by Million Stars?"

And Donghyun appeared beside me, suddenly conveyed the sentence that was already on the tip of my lips. Seeing Donghyun, they pointed at him but chatted in a smaller voice before walking away. Donghyun looked at their backs with an expression of impatience.

"What are they doing? I heard briefly about a young man. Who the hell are they talking about?" asked Donghyun in one breath.

I took Donghyun's arm and half dragged him inside.

"I think they're talking about Chungdae," I replied, "never mind, it's okay, don't bother them."

"No, tell me the details, noona. Did they say something bad about you?"

"Ah, Min Donghyun!"

Before I could answer Donghyun again, the two of us both turned to the source of the sound. Hyunah just entered our cafe with two of her other friends. She waved happily and excitedly, while Donghyun just smiled for a moment and looked at me again.

"Come on noona, tell me."

But suddenly, Hyunah appeared at Donghyun's side and took his arm, "accompany us. I'll treat you."

"Ah Hyunah-ssi, I... but I..." said Donghyun haltingly and looking confused.

I gestured with my head and told him to go with Hyunah. Finally, Donghyun surrender and sat next to Hyunah at the round table for the five of them. I went up to my office and lay down on the soft sofa. Remembering those middle aged women, I felt emotional again. If what they are talking about is Chungdae... I really can't accept what they say. Well, I know Chungdae is still young and he's still in college; and it's true he doesn't have any income yet, but what do you have to do with his status? He's my fiancé and I don't even mind that he doesn't have a job yet. You are not my relatives, why do you have to care about my life?

"I'll just shoo them the next time they appear again. You annoying women!"

I hit the table with my fist emotionally, but I regretted it a second later.

"OUCH, IT HURTS!"

Damn, they just ruin my beautiful day.

***