You Are (Not) My Destiny Part 39

Set up your music player, find the song and listen to it while you read the story part of this novel. Set up your music player, find the song and listen while you read the part of the story of this novel.

1. Elaine – Rain or Shine

2. SEVENTEEN – Say Yes

3. RED VELVET – See The Stars

4. ASTRO – Should've Held On

5. Soyou & Junggigo - Some

6. Kim Jaehwan – Some Days

7. N. FLYING – Spring Memories

8. THE BOYZ – Spring Snow

9. Doyoung & Sejeong – Star Blossom

10. UP10TION – Still with You

HEO CHUNGDAE'S POV

I let out a deep breath as I going up to the top floor of the apartment building. The weather is getting colder, especially now that it has entered December. I wonder, why does time keep running as if nothing happened? Why hasn't something changed in this world? Even though everything in my life has changed. A week has passed since that incident... and not even once did I feel happy after that day. If I smile, I'm only doing it because I have to, because I'm working, nothing more. I know my life will change after I step out of her apartment. No more messages every morning and night, no more her spoiled voice when I call... and I realized that the day I parted with her was not a dream, after I saw her ring and necklace which I kept neatly in a box that I put on my desk. I dare not tell anyone until now. I can't imagine how disappointed Eomma and Appa would be if they found out about this. They love her very much. Really likes Baek Choeun. Then what about me? I also really love her. I'm not doing this voluntarily.

"Chungdae hyong."

I'm turning around and find Donghyun finally showing up. Yes, I did make an appointment to meet him here. Actually he was the one who called me this morning, and I agreed to meet him. Has Choeun noona not told him about us?

"What did you do to Choeun noona?"

He doesn't even give me time to say hello, and he looks angry.

"What do you mean?" I asked in a calm tone.

"She hasn't appeared on Million Stars since the café's re-opening. She also seems to be isolating herself from the outside world. Have you not meet her yet?"

Finally I know that Donghyun doesn't know about us yet. What about Eunyul noona? Hasn't she told anyone either?

"I can't meet her anymore... and I really shouldn't see her again."

"Chungdae hyong!"

"Our relationship is finished. Me and Choeun noona... are not together anymore."

It seems that the sentence whatever Donghyun want to say suddenly disappear. But his surprised expression only appeared for a moment, because after that, he looks angry again.

"You're right, Donghyun. I can't make her happy. Lately I just make her even more sad. The best thing I can do is to let her go," I said with a bitter smile.

It seems that my smile made Donghyun even more angry, because he steps forward and grab the front part of my shirt.

"Why are you saying all that calmly like this hyong? DO YOU DON'T KNOW YOU JUST DESTROYED HER WORLD?"

"THEN DID YOU THINK MY WORLD WASN'T CRUSHED? YOU THOUGHT I'M WILLING TO WORK WITH MY SMILES WHEN MY HEART IS CRYING? WHAT CHOICE DO I HAVE?"

"WHY ARE YOU NOT TRYING TO GET HER AGAIN? WHY YOU DON'T BEG FOR HER OR ANYTHING ELSE..."