You Are (Not) My Destiny Part 7

Set up your music player, find the song and listen to it while you read the story part of this novel. Set up your music player, find the song and listen while you read the part of the story of this novel.

1. BIG BANG – If You

2. IU – I Give You My Heart

3. Kim Seokjin – I Love You

4. WANNA ONE – IPU (confession version)

5. SUPER JUNIOR – Let's Not

6. Standing Egg – Little Star

7. Jonghyun & Taeyeon - Lonely

8. ASTRO – Love Wheel

9. TXT – Magic Island

10. GOT7 – Magnetic

HWAN EUNYUL'S POV

I pressed the back of my neck which is sore. Gosh, I must have sat in front of the laptop for too long. What time is it? I stood and peeked out the window for a moment, I recognized the sky ahead radiating my favorite twilight dim light. It turns out that it's almost 7 pm now. No wonder the room was so dark, I didn't even turn on the lights.

"Oh no!"

I looked for my cellphone anywhere, and it wasn't on the table. Since 11 noon I was on campus and I underwent a training session and because there was a document that really caught my eye, I thought I would finish studying it in an hour after my colleague who was also undergoing training came home, but it turned out that I was nearly three hours late. And damn, where's my phone when I need it? I completely forgot that at seven I will go to church with the Min family. What should I do? Dongsun must be trying to find me. I turned on the laptop that I hastily turned off. This time I turned it on in a hurry too.

"What? Why? YA!!!"

My laptop won't turn on. I pressed the power button in frustration, I put the charger back in, in case the battery is low, but the battery won't charge. What is this? Never mind, I unplugged the laptop and impatiently stuffed it into my bag and grabbed it along with my mini sling bag. I'll just meet him at the church. Ah but wait a minute. I put my laptop back on the nearest sofa in this lecturer room, then I headed to the large mirror to check my appearance. Good thing I did check it because my mascara melted a little. I fix my makeup at the speed of a professional's hand.

"Fine, you're beautiful, Hwan Eunyul!"

And I continued my haste and grabbed the laptop bag back and pushed open this heavy glass door. What's all this again? I pushed back the door with extra force, but it didn't move. I'm locked. Whoever locked the door didn't see me in here, my fault was not turning on the lights, and it's Christmas night after all, who wants to stay on campus until this time?

"Oh my God, what should I do?"

I put down my laptop bag and mini bag, I took off the jacket I was wearing and pushed the door with my two hands, but the door was still locked. With the palm of my hand I hit the door while screaming.

"IS THERE ANYONE OUTSIDE? PLEASE OPEN THE DOOR, I AM LOCKED!"

My palms hurt, then I hit the door with my fist while screaming. Damn, this room is a bit soundproof, and one needs to stand right in front of this door to see the person in the room. What should I do? I took out my laptop again and tried to turn it on again, but I don't know what made this laptop totally die. I'm looking for my cellphone again, who knows it slipped somewhere or maybe it fell under the table, but I think I really left my cell phone in the apartment earlier. I just remembered I last contacted Dongsun before I even went to campus. I did tell him I would meet him at church earlier. But now... I don't know what to do... Dongsun, are you going to find me? I still beat the glass door until my hands were completely red, then sat limply on the floor. God... why do I have to go through this? Now I should be in church with Min's family, instead of being locked up here alone until I don't know until when, with my hands that hurt and sweat like this... my eyes feel hot. Ten o'clock tonight we will have a little Christmas party at Million Stars, Hyeil, Youngkyong and Yeowoo who are the main committee have been very busy these past two days preparing events and decorations on the second floor which will be closed for outside guests, and I am looking forward to the event. But now... now... I wiped my tears. No, this isn't the time to cry! I stood and looked at the glass door, then looked at the window which was slightly elevated. Which is easier? I glanced at the chair I sat on earlier, then considered it one more time. The glass on the door looks thicker than the window. Okay, I guess I really have no other choice. I lifted the heavy chair and painstakingly raised it to the table against the wall. I took off my long jacket and threw it carelessly, it's hard to climb if my body still objected to the jacket. I climbed the table with ease and had a little trouble getting to the higher cupboard, but I managed to do it. Damn, I must have put on weight and slowed down my movements. After making sure my position was safe on top of the cupboard, I lifted the chair and closed my eyes while taking a deep breath. Must succeed. This is the only thing I can do. Hwan Eunyul, do it! I threw the chair against the window and it broke with a deafening sound.