You Are (Not) My Destiny Part 56

Set up your music player, find the song and listen to it while you read the story part of this novel. Set up your music player, find the song and listen while you read the part of the story of this novel.

1. Seulgi & Wendy – Only You

2. PRODUCE X 101 CRAYON – Pretty Girl

3. Elaine – Rain or Shine

4. SEVENTEEN – Say Yes

5. RED VELVET – See The Stars

6. ASTRO – Should've Held On

7. Soyou & Junggigo - Some

8. Kim Jaehwan – Some Days

9. N. FLYING – Spring Memories

10. THE BOYZ – Spring Snow

BAEK CHOEUN'S POV

I glanced at the hanging wall clock. It's fifteen minutes past eight. After that I glanced at the pile of lunch boxes that I had neatly wrapped. I've cooked all the food that Donghyun wants to eat, and he said he wants to have a picnic with me on the banks of the Han river while enjoying the night air. But where is he? He wasn't usually this late, especially without notice. I took my phone, and he didn't text me anything. There are also no missed calls. His Instagram was active six hours ago. Do I need to call him? Just to check if he's okay and why is he late?

"Woof!"

"Ah Minki, come here."

I carried Minki on my lap and stroked his soft fur.

"Minki, where's your appa? Why isn't he here yet? He didn't even tell me... I'm already very hungry too. Should I call him?"

"Woof! Woof!"

"I thought you said 'yes', so I'll give him a call okay?"

Finally I called him... but my call was not answered. I tried calling him again twice after that, but he still didn't answer my call. Did... something happen to him? I took a deep breath and decided to browse my social media accounts while waiting to hear from him.

"Yeorobun! You know who I met when I volunteered at the dog shelter today?"

My attention was drawn by a video that went by on my Instagram timeline. Apparently it was a video from the account of one of the ulzzangs who had visited Million Stars and even promoted our cafe. Yes, her name is Jong Hiah, she is very beautiful and friendly, so I remember her well. I ended up pressing the video to watch it.

"Things were quite chaotic here an hour ago, but now things are more under control. Several dogs are sick and have been taken to the nearest veterinary hospital. Luckily nothing serious happened here, and it was all due to the swift action of the medical team from Youth Dogs Rescue, a dog rescue club that has been very active lately. I just joined the club last week," Hiah said cheerfully as she stepped back, "and you will be surprised to see who is one of the veterinarians on duty at this club. Look who he is!"

My eyes widen when Hiah crouched down and next to her was a very familiar figure: Donghyun, looking a little sweaty, he rolled up the sleeves of his long shirt and his hair was a little messy. His eyes also widened when he looked at the cellphone that Hiah was carrying.

"Oh!" those were the only words that came out of Donghyun's mouth, he must have been very surprised.

"MDHyun-ssi right?"

"Oh yeah, it's me... and you...?"

"I'm Jong Hiah. Maybe you forgot about me, but I remember we met at Million Stars."

"Oh yeah... annyeonghaseyo."

"Can you also say hello to anyone who is watching this video?"

"Annyeonghaseyo, MDHyun-imnida."

Donghyun looks really tired, but when he smiles at the camera, my heart beats fast again. I don't know when I'll be able to get used to whatever is on him... or one day I'll have a heart attack.

"So, MDHyun-ssi is also a member of this club?"

"Yeah right, this is my second year as a member here."

"So can you tell me what happened before this? I heard these dogs are sick."

Donghyun kindly explained the condition of the dogs he treated earlier. I smile. I think he forgot we had an appointment tonight... but never mind, he didn't forget it on purpose anyway. I'm even glad he did this volunteer activity to fill his spare time. The interview lasted about five minutes and after that Hiah-ssi ended the video recording.

"That means I can eat now, right, Minki?" I asked Minki on my lap.

***

MIN DONGHYUN'S POV

I sat back on the wooden bench tiredly. Thankfully things are under control here. I closed my eyes for a moment and tried to catch my breath. Just as I felt the calm I was looking for, my cell phone rang. I picked it up, and it was Dongsun hyong who called.

"Yes hyung?"

"MIN DONGHYUN, WHERE ARE YOU!"

"Oh, hyung, don't scream. My ears hurt."

"It's now half past nine, you forgot you're going to propose to Choeun noona tonight?"

Okay! 나는 네 곁에서 매일매일 대기 타고 있어

Okay! I'm here for you I'm on stand by every day
그대 내 이름을 불러줘

Please call my name
Say my name (Say my name)
내 사랑은 깊어 측정할 수 없어

My love for you is deep I can't measure it
기뻐 기뻐

Happy happy

너에게 잘 보이고 싶은걸

I want to look good for you
너에게 듣고 싶은 두 글자 (Oh Luv)

The two words I want to hear from you
살짝 눈 감고 너의 마음 그려봐

Close your eyes for a moment and draw your mind
깊은 너의 마음을 알 것 같아

I think I know what you're thinking
네게 달려가

I'm running to you

()

"OMONA!"

I quickly got up from the bench and looked around frantically. Dongsun hyong is right, I've forgotten my plan.

"Hyong, it will take me over half an hour to get to her apartment... how is it?"

"Just cancel your plan tonight. Let's make a plan B tomorrow."

"Will Choeun noona be angry with me?"

"I thought you forgot about it. I've sent a troop of women to her apartment, who knows she's cranky now. And you should call her now, explain to her why you can't see her."

"Okay hyung, I'll do it. Thank you."

I quickly hung up my phone and checked my phone. There were nine unanswered phone calls, three from Choeun noona, three more from Dongsun hyong and the remaining three from Youngkyong. Ah no, I've disappointed Choeun noona...

***