You Are (Not) My Destiny Part 53

Set up your music player, find the song and listen to it while you read the story part of this novel. Set up your music player, find the song and listen while you read the part of the story of this novel.

1. GOT7 – Confession Song

2. K.Will – Day 1

3. SF9 – Different

4. Chen & Punch - Everytime

5. Sondia – First Love

6. Yook Sungjae – From Winter

7. Plastic – Gangnam Exit 4

8. THE BOYZ – Good Bye

9. MXM – Good Day

10. MONSTA X - Gravity

HWAN EUNYUL'S POV

I woke up very early, I checked the phone I put beside the bed, it's three in the morning at this time, but my throat is very dry. I got up slowly from the bed so as not to wake Dongsun, I even opened the bedroom door very slowly. I filled my favorite glass with water and drank slowly with relief.

"Noona?"

I almost dropped the glass I was holding when I saw Donghyun appear in the kitchen. I thought Dongsun told me last night that Donghyun and his parents wouldn't be coming home, but what do I see now? Some kind of Donghyun's ghost'? But he was too dense to be called a ghost. Donghyun stood on the threshold of the kitchen and didn't move at all, his eyes looking straight at me, looking confused.

"What's wrong Donghyun? I'm here, no need to shout..." Choeun appeared from his side and just like her boyfriend, she also looked at me surprised and confused, "EUNYUL EONNI?"

Her voice was definitely louder than Donghyun's. I don't know why this couple could show up at the apartment at such an unexpected hour.

"Ha... hahaha... Donghyun, Choeun..."

My laugh sounded very dry. I didn't know what to do, I was stuck where I was standing.

"What's all this fuss about?"

To make matters worse, Dongsun emerged from the room rubbing his eyes and yawning. And when he looked at Donghyun and Choeun, it seemed that his sleepy feeling disappeared.

"DONGSUN HYONG! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?"

Donghyun didn't try to hold back his screams at all, and he pointed at Dongsun openly. I just realized that Dongsun was only wearing his training pants and he wasn't wearing a t-shirt. Plus I'm currently wearing a Dongsun's shirt... This will lead to misunderstandings...

"I CAN EXPLAIN!"

"NO NEED TO EXPLAIN ANYTHING!"

"Why are you guys so noisy at this hour?"

If there was something that could make things worse, it would be the sudden presence of abonim and eomonim from behind of Choeun's body. The four of us looked surprised: I gripped the glass very tightly; Dongsun spreads his hands in a "no" pose which points to Donghyun; Donghyun pointed at Dongsun with his finger; Choeun covered her mouth with her palm. The one who just asked the question was the abonim, and the expression of the eomonim was very similar to Choeun's when she looked at us.

"Woof..."

Our awkward state ended with Minki's weak bark.

The activities at the Min family's apartment started very early in the morning. Around four o'clock in the morning, the six of us were already sitting around the dining table, but since the dining table could only fit five people, Donghyun ended up sitting on the floor, and Choeun accompanied him, the two of them sat near a small basket covered with warm fleece, Minki was there. Dongsun and I sat side by side with sleepy faces, the abonim and eomoni sitting across from us looked tired, but they looked a bit refreshed after drinking the tea that Choeun brewed. I've also changed into the clothes that eomonim lent me, which are a size that fits me better. It's a bit tight, but better than wearing a Dongsun's shirt.

"So, what happened?" asked Abonim to break the silence.

"Because it's late, I don't let Eunyul noona go home..." Dongsun replied, avoiding looking at abonim's eyes.

"Yes, but you can borrow eomma's clothes, why do you lend her your oversized t-shirt for her?" asked the confused eomonim.

"I... feel bad going into appa and eomma's room because you guys aren't home..."

"What kind of excuse is that. Usually you just come in," cut abonim.

Donghyun nodded in satisfaction, "yes... hyong made an unreasonable excuse. When did hyong ever feel awkward going into appa and eomma's room..."

"You're usually like that too, right?" Abonim, eomonim and Dongsun said at the same time.

Donghyun stopped smiling. It's funny how his expression look like because he was attacked by his family members.

"But appa, eomma, Donghyun didn't come home all night either. Please ask him too."

"Why me? We're holding a trial for you, hyong."

"So that's it," said Abonim who now turned to his youngest child, "and you didn't even text appa and eomma about it."

"I... well, I forgot..." Donghyun stammered, "but we're sorry, Dongsun hyong, we disturbed you by coming home early. Minki is sick and I need to get equipment to check him out."

"Omo... what happened to this cute little one?" eomonim were now kneeling on the floor, joining Choeun and Donghyun.

"He didn't want to eat since last night... so when Choeun noona went to the toilet in the early hours of the morning, she heard Minki constantly whining. I didn't dare to take a risk waiting until morning, so we went home," Donghyun explained at length, "and as soon as I got home, I saw Eunyul noona and... hyong! They look suspicious!"

Feeling triumphant, Donghyun pointed at me and Dongsun again. Abonim turned to Dongsun again, his forehead wrinkled, seemed to be deep in thought.

"How about the four of you get married soon?" asked eomonim casually.

"WHAT?" the five of us shouted in unison.

"Woof! Woof!" as if confirming, Minki barked excitedly.

Maybe Minki is healthy now.

***