You Are (Not) My Destiny Part 42

Set up your music player, find the song and listen to it while you read the story part of this novel. Set up your music player, find the song and listen while you read the part of the story of this novel.

1. ASTRO – Should've Held On

2. Soyou & Junggigo - Some

3. Kim Jaehwan – Some Days

4. N. FLYING – Spring Memories

5. THE BOYZ – Spring Snow

6. Doyoung & Sejeong – Star Blossom

7. UP10TION – Still with You

8. Ha Sungwoon – Think of You

9. Bolbbalgan4 – To My Youth

10. EXO - Wait

BAEK CHOEUN'S POV

Usually I really like winter. Usually I really like Christmas. But this time, I didn't feel any joy. Is it precisely in this season, and every time this season comes, I will only always remember those bad memories? I exit my office and take the time to greet the customers on the second floor. Million Stars is very busy today, because it's the last day of our Christmas promo. I went downstairs and saw an army of waitress who I didn't expect before, and what I didn't see when I arrived this morning: Hyeil, Chinye, Dongsun and Joonki, the four of them busy pacing diligently (surprisingly, Joonki seem very determined too).

"Choeun eonni! Finally eonni comes out of your nest," teased Chinye, who look beautiful with her hair tied into a bun at the top of her head and decorated with a large pink ribbon.

"Oh Chinye! Nice to see you here!"

"Get enough rest noona," said Dongsun who always look handsome, "leave this light work to us."

"This job is easy for us, but not for Joonki anyway," laughed Hyeil who seem to have just changed his eyeglass frames to black, "but he tried hard. And he didn't refuse when I asked him to come."

"What the hell are you guys talking about...oops!"

"ALMOST!" shrieked Chinye.

Joonki was just about to come to us when he slipped in a puddle of water and both Hyeil and Dongsun caught his elbows to prevent him from falling. If he had fallen, I don't know what kind of mess he would have made, because his tray was full of empty cups.

"I'll clean up the puddle!" Dongsun exclaimed after making sure Joonki stood up properly.

"Thank you for your help."

"No problem, noona. I'll check the heater at the end of the room, okay," said Hyeil who passed swiftly to the corner of the room.

I'm looking here and there: all my staff are very busy. But... I also go to the kitchen to see how things are there, and everything is fine. Then I go to the staff room. The room looks empty. Is it just the empty room... or is my heart feels empty too? I'm obviously looking for someone. Someone who had always been near me before, but he isn't here today. wait, is it only today? I don't think I saw him yesterday, and was it the day before yesterday? And the next day... I purposely leave my office at certain hours... but his presence isn't visible either. I enjoy the cold air on the second floor balcony and look at my phone. Should I call him? Or I ask Dongsun... my hand automatically opens the Instagram app... it seems he was active five hours ago. But no message for me. I open the Kakao Talk app and press his name. But all I can do is read our messages which, apparently, the last message I didn't reply to, was almost a week ago. I pointed my thumb at the phone icon, but... ah no. Isn't this what I want? I better not call him. I should be glad not to see him around me anymore. But why now I even... miss him? And the next day... he still isn't there.