You Are (Not) My Destiny Part 41

Set up your music player, find the song and listen to it while you read the story part of this novel. Set up your music player, find the song and listen while you read the part of the story of this novel.

1. THE BOYZ – Good Bye

2. MXM – Good Day

3. MONSTA X - Gravity

4. Im Hanbyul – Heejae

5. Chunji & Eunha – Hold Your Hand

6. BLACKPINK – Hope Not

7. SEVENTEEN - Hug

8. MONSTA X – I Do Love You

9. Ha Sungwoon – I Fall in Love

10. BIG BANG – If You

HWAN EUNYUL'S POV

"Very weird."

"What's so strange, noona?"

Dongsun and I are relaxing in the Min Brothers' room tonight. Finally the Christmas holidays have started too, so I have a lot of time to relax starting today. The Min Brothers apartment was quite crowded, there were his eomma and appa in front watching TV, so Dongsun took me to their room so we could chat more freely. Donghyun hasn't come back from Million Stars, according to Dongsun. I was sit on the chair in front of Dongsun's study table, but now I join him sitting on the carpet, leaning on the bed.

"I feel Choeun is a bit strange lately. Yesterday I asked her out for meat, but she turned me down. And that was the fourth time she turned me down when I asked her to eat and go out. Why is it? Is Million Stars very crowded again?"

Dongsun turning his head slowly to me and place the book he was reading on the carpet.

"Does noona... don't know?"

"Hah? What? Don't know what?" I asked suspiciously.

"Choeun noona became like that after... well, I guess noona knew... I couldn't tell you because Donghyun forbade me. He said he was afraid that noona would be surprised."

"What? Now I really don't know anything. And is it because Donghyun forbade you, you won't tell me what it is?"

"Well noona... how about it... I'm not sure noona is ready to hear that..."

"Are my feelings right," I complained, "that something happened to Chungdae and Choeun?"

From Dongsun's surprised expression, I could guess that my hunch was correct.

"Wow, crazy... I can go crazy. Am I the only one who don't know about this?"

"Noona, I'm sorry, don't be angry just yet. I... I thought Choeun noona would tell noona when she was ready..."

"And in the end I feel like the dumbest person because I was the last to know about this."

"I'm sorry noona!" Dongsun cried frantically, "I will do whatever noona wants, please forgive me!"

"Good. Anything?"

And Dongsun and I ended up at the meat restaurant that night. I'm taking the pieces of meat that had been roasted. I won't help him cook tonight, that's the deal. It's true that I enjoy what I eat, but my brain is working really hard to digest Dongsun's story. So apparently this is a mix of stories that Donghyun got from Chungdae and Bojin.

"I can't believe that... they chose to give up."

"Yes. And it's been almost two weeks since that incident... and Donghyun hasn't spoken to Choeun noona for nearly as long as that time either."

"I didn't expect Choeun to be so stubborn about Donghyun. But I guess," I guessed, "give Choeun a little more time. I think she'll start talking again when she's feeling better."

"Are you sure? Not only she doesn't want to be honest with noona, but also with Donghyun..."

"Well, it seems that Donghyun should be more patient. Do I need to persuade her?"

"Yeah... if she already told noona, try to persuade her. Bojin hyong didn't dare to persuade her anymore. He said Choeun noona always frowns when Bojin hyong mentions Donghyun's name."

"Okay, let's wait, how long will she be so stubborn."

I thrust the meat into Dongsun's mouth and he chewing it happily.

"Does that mean I can start eating?" he asked happily.

"Yes, eat it. There's no way I'd let my boyfriend starve, right?"

I did enjoy that night with Dongsun, but my mind drifted to Chungdae and Choeun. After everything they went through... they finally gave up. Business, longing, lies, pent-up feelings, apologies which power has diminished, it's true... they already have too many problems... but I feel really weird, when I think I'll never see the two of them together again... Then what about them? Their world must have been shattered. Chungdae is still very busy and he can force himself to keep smiling. Wow... I can't understand how he could do that. Baek Choeun... tell me what should I do to help you? Won't you allow anyone to help you now? Are you okay? Can you go through it all alone?

***

MIN DONGHYUN'S POV

I'm waiting for Bojin hyong to come down from the second floor anxiously. And not long after, he finally appeared in front of me.

"How is it hyong, does noona want to eat?"

Bojin hyong taking a deep breath.

"She didn't touch it. I don't know if she'll eat it later... or not."

I'm getting worried. Choeun noona doesn't eat regularly. I tried to send her all her favorite foods for the past five days, but according to Bojin hyong (who delivered them to her office) there are very few foods she ate, some she doesn't even touch. She also never drives her car again, according to Bojin hyong, that's actually good, because with her eating irregularly, he is worried that Choeun noona won't even concentrate if she has to drive alone. Moreover, lately the snow has been falling more frequently and the roads have become very slippery. Choeun noona is still a beginner, so Bojin hyong also advised her to use public transportation instead.

"What should I do? Will she not want to see me again?" I asked tiredly.

Bojin hyong invites me to sit at an empty table. I'm sitting across from him and sighed once more.

"I think I have an idea. Do you want to give it a try?"

"Tell me, hyung. I think everything is worth trying now."

I listened to Bojin hyong's suggestion carefully. The idea might work, but it's a bit painful to think that maybe I won't spend Christmas with her (no Christmas party this year, Choeun noona and Chungdae hyong's breakup is a common secret among our party, so no one even dare to suggest this) and maybe also, New Year with her. But this idea is worth trying.

"Then I'll rely on hyong to... take care of noona," I said after making up my mind, "I'll try that suggestion."

"Don't worry, I'll be sending her condition to you as often as I can. Let's hope this idea works."

"Yeah, I hope so too hyung."

***