< II >

Neveah Aurora North:

I open my eyes slowly, letting them adjust to the bright light coming from the big windows surrounding me.

I am greeted by the sound and smell of nature. The ocean to be precise. Where the fuck am I?

My head starts pounding and I'm trying to figure out how I got into this beautiful room. The last thing I remember was... We were celebrating Cataleya's birthday and then?

I am still wearing the same tight dress I was wearing last night, so I didn't sleep with anyone. I really need to stop drinking so much.

I look around the room, maybe it will help me figure out where the fuck I am. The floor is light, just like almost everything else in the room. Even the curtains are seethrough, that's probably why the room looks so fucking bright.

There are two doors, one of them a little bit smaller than the other. The smaller one probably leads to the bathroom. The walls are all white, except one. It has some kind of grey stones covering it and it's absolutely gorgeous.

The bed that I'm in for sure isn't mine. It's way bigger and we don't have silk sheets in the shitty apartment we rented. We barely had enough money for all the shit we did. Wait what day is it?

'You're finally awake.' A deep voice sighs from the other side of the room.

My heart drops to the floor when I see his face. It's the man I tried to run from for years, six to be exact. Well not him, but his past. His past haunted me and to be honest, it still does.

Leonardo Tiago Curzio, the most handsome man I've ever met in my entire twenty-two years of walking on this earth. The man I gave my all to six years ago. The man who ruined my life.

He got more tattoos. The one on his right arm is grasping all my attention. The words Curzio and Omerta, gorgeously interwind in different font styles. Does he still have the rose?

His hair still dark and curly, my hands aching to go through them. Or at least try. His perfectly shaped nose and full lips. Stop it... I can't...

He doesn't deserve to look this goddamn good. His hazel eyes are glowing like always and I wish I could stop staring, but they are just too magnetic. Stop it Neveah!

I quickly get up from the bed and walk towards one of the doors. Of course, it's fucking locked.

'We need to talk.' Sounds of him getting up and walking around enter my ears. If only I could vanish.

He should know better. I should've known better. The last thing we need to do is talk. We just need to get as far away from each other as possible.

It was a mistake to take this stupid internship in Italy in the first place. What was I thinking? And now Cataleya is involved in this shit. If they hurt her...

'Where is Le- My friend?' Nothing.

'Let me out.' Tiago doesn't make a sound and stays put, wherever the fuck he's standing.

The last thing I want to do is talk to him. I just want to find Cataleya and get the fuck out of this gorgeous place.

'Let's talk first.' Within seconds I am facing the man I thought I'd never see again. He's standing so close that I can smell his cologne again. The smell I was trying to forget after all those years.

His hazel eyes pierce through me, but I won't look away. I used to do that all the time and he would feel so powerful because of it.

'Let. Me. Out.' 'Is that your sister?' I tilt my head, still not breaking eye contact.