< IX >

Cataleya Valentina Velez:

'Bonjour ladies!' Celine sings as she walks into the dining room. 'Goodmorning!' She smiles at me and takes a seat next to Neveah, who is seated across from me. 

'How was your first night in the house?' Her accent makes it sound a little funny, but it's cute. 'I slept amazing, to be honest.' 

She nods, pleased by the fact that I slept well. 'What about you, Neveah?' We both look at her and wait for her to respond. 

Last night we had a little talk since she wasn't very nice to Celine, who was just being nice to us. The last thing I want is for Celine to complain to Rio and for him to harm my mother. 

I kick her leg underneath the table and force a smile on my face. 'I slept fine I guess.' She mumbles, before sipping on her morning tea. 

'Good to hear.' Celine smiles, pouring herself a glass of orange juice. 

Just as she's about to grab a piece of bread, her phone rings. 'Merde.' Isn't that shit? 

'I have to take this, but I'll see you later okay?' I nod and look at Neveah, who still doesn't want to have anything to do with Celine. 

She seems like a sweet woman. If only she didn't work for a monster like Rio. 

'Goodmorning ladies!' Leon exclaims, rubbing his temples before taking a seat next to Neveah.

Of course, she freezes and looks at me directly. She's panicking like crazy. Should I? 

If Leon wasn't a crazy psychopath with a dangerous lifestyle, I would've left her with him, just to see if she would make a fool out of herself, but no. I can't do that right now.

'How did you sleep?' 'Fine.' Neveah mumbles again, moving her chair to the left, away from Leon. 

'Are you almost finished little one?' Leon finally acknowledges me and raises his eyebrow at me. 'With?' 'Well, Rio wanted to see you in his office.' Again? 

The last time I left to talk to Rio, he simply wanted to inform me about what he had planned for us. The last time I left, Neveah and Leon did... Whatever they did, and Neveah was stressed about it all day. 

'Well, I'm not going-' Someone dramatically clears their throat behind me, making me shift in my chair. 'Oh, yes you are, Miss Velez.' Of-fucking-course.

Rio was standing against the frame of the door, wearing a simple black shirt and a pair of grey sweatpants. His hands were folded in front of his chest, making him look more dominant than ever. His hair was a total mess and he didn't look so well, but he still looked like a god and I still feared him a little. 

Well, I didn't fear him. I just feared what he might do if I don't do as he says. So I get up and look at Neveah real quick. All she does is nod, knowing that if I don't listen to Rio, my mom will pay for the consequences. 

'Follow me.' Without waiting for my reply, he walks towards the hall again. 'God..' I mumble before running after him. He's fucking fast, with those stupid long legs. 

'You know, I actually wasn't done eating yet.' He sighs, before taking a seat in the big leather chair on the other side of the desk. 

This office looks exactly like the one in Rome. Holy shit... 

He pours himself a glass of something that looks like water and points at a closed cabinet on my right. 'Grab me some Advil.' He groans. Is he hungover? 

'Can you grab me some Advil, please?' I correct him, making him look at me even more annoyed than before. 'Okay fine, jeez!' I huff before grabbing what he needs.