< XXII >

Celine Elloise Dufort:

'Get your shit, you're coming to Berlin with us.' Rio states, storming into my office as if I'm not trying to work, for him

'What?' I ask before putting down my pen and looking at him. 

In the five years that I've worked for him, I've only traveled with them twice. Once to Italy, to meet their family, and back to France since that was the best option. 

'Since when do I go with you?' He walks over to my side of the desk and looks at the pieces of paper. Pictures of Eugene's broken bones are displayed all around the room and his medical file is open right in the middle of my desk. 

'What are you working on?' 'You wanted me to find out what Eugene's current state is, so I'm working on it.' I explain, pointing at the picture of the dark-skinned man. 'But stop avoiding my question. Why are we leaving and since when do I come with you guys?' 

He sighs and moves back to the other side of the desk. 'Well, we might have a little problem.' Oh no... 

'If this has something to do with that one night out, it was all my fault. I came up with the idea and I told the girls to come with me.' He raises an eyebrow at me and smirks. 'That's not the only reason, but thank you for being honest.' 

'What is the other reason?' 'I want you to keep an eye on the girls when Leon and I get some shit done for Marcello's party.' He states as if I could simply pack my bags and run after them to the other side of Europe. 

'Do I look like a babysitter to you?' He blinks at me and nods after a few seconds, annoying me just enough for me to throw a pen at his face. 

Rafael catches the pen mid-air and smirks at me. 'You like the girls right?' 

'Yes.' I answer honestly. I like the fact that I'm able to have girl-friends again. They're both nice, even though they have every right to hate me. 

'Then, I don't see the problem.' 

'Rafael, don't boss me around like a piece of shit.' I sneer at him, looking back at the papers in front of me. 'I'll think about it, now get out.' 

He sighs deeply, putting his hands on the papers so I can't read them. 'What are you-' 'You're going to get me something from Musée du Louvre.' 

'I am working right now.' I state, pushing him away from my desk. He simply doesn't budge and looks me dead in the eyes. 'What do you want Rio?' 

'I just told you what I want you to do, go buy a piece of art for me in Musée du Louvre.' He repeats, shoving all the paper together. 

I am going to fucking kill him... I just spend an hour trying to sort out those papers and he has the nerve to shove them onto one pile. 

'What for?' I ask, gritting my teeth together as he continues to roam around my office. 

'Marcello of course.' 

'You want me to get a piece of art for the party next month?' I ask and he nods, moving to the files on the other side of the room. 'Touch them and I'll cut your throat- But why?' 

He smiles and slowly turns to me again, having the childish glow from when he needs something. 

'I want him to like me so he'll close the deal with me.' As if he doesn't like you already!

'What deal?' I continue to ask. If he's going to take up my time, I deserve to know why he wants me to do the things he wants me to do. 

'Why do you want to know everything?' He sighs a little annoyed. 'Well, if you won't tell me, you might as well go and ask Leon to do it.'