< XVI >

Cataleya Valentina Velez:

I slowly open my eyes, letting them adjust to the bright light. My head immediately starts pounding like crazy and I try to glance around the room, to see where I am. My throat feels like a desert as if I haven't drunk in ages.

The bed beneath me feels different, it smells different too, a fresh cologne smell. Where the fuck am I? 

I can barely look around the room since the curtains are closed, but I know that I'm in someone's bedroom. 

'Shit.' I hear someone mumble across the room. I stare at the figure, trying to match it to someone I know, but nothing. As soon as he steps into the light, I flinch. 

'Where is Neveah?' My voice is barely audible and dry. Marco steps towards me, handing me a bottle of water. I pull it out of his hand and gulp it down like a maniac, enjoying the feeling in my throat. 

'Thirsty are we?' He smirks and I raise my middle finger to him. Why is he with me and why am I feeling like a truck ran over me? 

'Where is Neveah?' I ask as soon as the bottle is empty. Even though I drank all of it, I'm still thirsty. 'She's with Rio and Celine.' 'Why?' 

I look at him, folding my arms in front of me. He's standing at the door, keeping his eyes on me. Marco knows I'll run as soon as I get the chance. 

He ignores me and grabs his phone, texting someone, before looking back at me again. 'You'll find out soon enough.' 

'What the fuck-' He clears his throat and slowly walks my way, making me step away from him a bit more. 

The last thing I need is for him to get any closer. Not after what happened last time. I honestly thought he was a decent person, but no. He was ready to shoot us, without hesitation. 

Since he's walking away from the door, I run to it, immediately regretting the movements I'm making as my head starts spinning. 

I grab the doorknob and pull it open, bumping into the person behind it and dropping to the floor. My head feels like I'm about to explode as I look up. 

Right into his mesmerizing eyes. Rio grins and stares me down, waiting for me to pull myself together so he can ask me what the fuck is going on. 

The world keeps spinning, making me take a second before I get up and pull my shirt down. 

'Did she just wake up?' Rio asks Marco, not caring about my presence. He could directly ask me. 'You told me to text you, so yes.' So that's what he was doing... 

'How are you feeling?' Rio stares at me for a second and the way he does it, makes me a little uncomfortable. 

He never looked at me like this. So caring, yet not caring at all. He doesn't actually care. He's forced to ask, but by whom? 

'Where is Neveah?' I ask, totally ignoring him the way they always do. He sighs deeply, moving his gaze towards Marco, as if that will help, before looking back at me. 'How are you feeling Velez?' No Miss? 

'I'm fine. Now tell me where Neveah is.' He shakes his head and closes the door behind him, making sure I hear the click of the lock falling in place. There is no way out now. 

'First I need you to tell me how you're feeling.' He states, staring at me attentively. His eyes roam my body, searching for something. Anything. But he finds nothing and stares back into my eyes again. 

'As I said, I'm fine.' I state, stepping away from both of them. They look at me as if I might die any second, which I don't understand. 'She's with Celine downstairs.' Downstairs?