< XXV >

Cataleya Valentina Velez:

'You just had to blurt that out didn't you?' Rio asks, obviously annoyed by something. 'I-' 'Forget it.' He sighs before wrapping his arm around my waist and putting up a front again.

He smiles at the cameras that are surrounding us and gently nudges me forward. I keep my eyes on him, that way I won't have to look at the cameras or interviewers, and they won't be able to ask me anything. 

'Shouldn't we go look for them?' I whisper as I force a smile on my face. The people seem to love the fact that I'm only staring at Rio. As if were actually in love... If only they fucking knew. 

'They'll be fine.' He smiles before walking towards the bar again. I hate that I have to follow him around like a dog. Rio told me to stay close to him, but he keeps walking away from me. 

A loud bang makes both of us turn around, standing in the middle of the crowd. No one seems to notice it besides me and Rio. 'Was that the music or something else?' 

He stares at me for a second and shrugs, before he walks away again. I sigh deeply and rush after him. Almost losing him in the crowd. 

'Leya!' Someone pulls at my arm and turns me around. It's Brandon and he is absolutely panicking. All the doors leading to this room are thrown open and a group of masked men marches in. They're wearing black masks, probably so you won't recognize them. 

'What the fuck is going on?' 'Where is Rio?' Brandon searches for Rio and pulls me with him. 'Brandon!?' 

He ignores me and continues to pull me through the crowd, reaching Rio who is talking to Marcello again. 

That's basically all he did today. He's been talking to Marcello, kissing his ass, the entire time. Pathetic... 

'Please just come with me, we need to get the fuck out of here before-' And then the shooting starts. Everyone turns around now, towards the men standing at the door. They're shooting into the crowd, shooting at Marcello. 

His guards run up to him and make sure he's protected at all cost, leaving everyone around him to fend for themselves. 

'Rio!' We run over to him and follow him through a back door, leading to the terras we came through. 'We have to go, where is Tiago?' Rio fumes. 

He's angry again, like always. 'What the fuck is going on?!' A man bumps into me as he runs towards Marcello's security, waving a gun around like a complete idiot, but Rio stops him. 

'Not so fast Davis.' Davis points his gun at Rio and tries to get out of his grip. It takes Rio about two seconds to swiftly grab the gun out of his hand and pointing at his own head.

Davis has tattoos crawling up his neck. His hair is pitch-black and neatly styled, matching his all-black outfit. The Asian-looking man looks at Rio as if he's ready to kill him, even though he's the one being held at gunpoint. 

'I should've known Steel was planning something.' Rio sneers, pressing the barrel of the gun harder against his head. 'Fuck you-' Rio bashes the gun against his head, making him lose his consciousness. 

'Where the fuck is Tiago?' Rio asks again, dropping the gun as he picks up Davis. 'Neveah got shot, he told me to go get you. They're heading to Celine.' What? 

My heart drops. I knew I should've gone after her. If it wasn't for Rio I would've been with her right now. 

'We have to go. Now.' I sneer, running down the stairs. 'Help me carry him to the car.' Rio carries Davis down the stairs, taking his time as he tries to not fall down the stairs himself.