< LV >

Neveah Aurora North:

I wake up because of a wave of pain rushing through my body and look around the room. Leya is sitting in a chair next to my bed, almost falling asleep in an uncomfortable position. 'Leya?' 

She jerks up and smiles at me, stretching before she grabs my hand. 'How are you feeling? Do you need anything?' 

I shake my head and smile at her. 'I'm okay, are you?' She nods and smiles at me. I pull her closer, so she can take a seat on this huge bed. 'You know, I should be the one asking you.' 

'Why?' I ask, wrapping my arms around her so I can use her as a pillow. My body screams at me not to move, but there's no way I'm going to do nothing all day. 

She chuckles and gently rubs my back. 'Because of what happened last night.' Right... 

I didn't forget. How could I? My body is evidence of what happened last night. Leya's sleepless state and Celine's beaten-up body are also a reminder that last night went to shit. 

'Where are the others?' I ask, slowly looking up at her. 

Cataleya looks drained. As if she hasn't closed her eyes for one second. And she's in pain. So much pain. 

'They're readying for our departure.' She chimes, forcing a smile on her face. I can see the tears in her eyes and grab her hand, despite my body aching for rest. 'What happened?'

She looks directly at me and smiles. It's a fake smile, but it's a smile nonetheless. 'Cataleya?' 

A tear escapes her eye and I sit up, keeping my eyes on her. 'What's going on?' I ask again. She looks like she's in so much pain and I don't understand why. 

Last night, when we got here, we were all busy with Celine. She was in so much pain. They broke her arm and beat her up worse than anything else I've witnessed before. But she made it out. 

As far as I know, they didn't rape her. But I'm not sure. They were in that room with her for a while. A lot could've happened in there. 

But I don't think they got the chance. 

I know Leya also got a few punches. Not as bad as Celine, but still. The pain can not be because of her body. 

This goes deeper. This is something else. 'What happened?' 

'Nothing, do you want me to pack your stuff for you?' She awkwardly tries to get out of bed, but I pull her close. 'Leya, what happened?' 

'It's nothing.' Lies. It's clear, something happened. But when? And with who? 

'Is this because you killed someone?' She freezes and chokes on her breath. 'Tell me what's wrong, let me help you.' 'You can't help me with this.' She chimes, forcing a smile on her face again. 

If it wasn't for the tears begging to escape, if it wasn't for the pained look on her face, if it wasn't for the fact that I knew her better than anyone by now, I would've believed her. But I can't. 

I also know that Leya is hardheaded. She won't talk to me about what's going on with her. Not right now. She'll talk to me when she's ready. 

But I want her to be ready. I need her to tell me because I don't want her to be in this type of pain. 

'Talk to me when you're ready, okay?' She stares at me for a few seconds and nods, slowly climbing out of bed before she heads towards the bathroom. 

'Where do you think we'll be going now?' 

I hate that she's like this. I hate that she can act like nothing is wrong, despite her being in so much pain. 'I don't know.' 

'I just hope we can go to Barletta again, I really enjoyed it there.' She chimes, stepping back into the room. 'So you can share a house with Rio again?' I joke, instantly regretting it. She flinches at the sound of his name and laughs it off, trying to hide the fact that hearing his name hurt her.