< VIII >

Celine Elliose Dufort:

The sun has already set when I walk back to my room, after answering all the questions they had, showing them around, and taking all the tests to my lab. 

I look at the stack of papers on my desk. They're filled with all the information I could get out of the girls. 

Basic stories about their childhood, how many bones they've broken, sexual activity, blood types, and any disorders they might have. 

I grab the stack of papers and make my way to Rio's office. He wanted me to fill him in about all the things I discovered. 

Without knocking, I open the big wooden doors to his office. The room goes quiet but the tension is still in the air. 

Rio isn't even facing me, but I can feel the anger in his eyes. 

'Je te dérange?' Both heads turn my way and I know that I for sure interrupted something.

'We talk English, Spanish or Italian, Celine. Not french.' Leon fakes, before letting his tall body drop in one of the chairs. 

'What was the tension about?' I ask curiously, as to what could get them so annoyed with each other. 'I'll explain later.' Rio sighs. 

He slowly makes his way to the liquor cabinet at his side of the desk. 'Want a drink?' I nod and take a seat next to Leon, who seems a little too curious about the stack of papers in my hands. 

'Why are they so terrified?' I ask, looking at the two boys in front of me. They smile at each other before Rio hands me my glass of red wine, and walks towards the other side of the desk. 'What gave it away?' 

He plumps down into his chair and grins at me. 'Well, maybe the fact that they complained about you all the time. Oh and the fact that they don't like being called by their last names. And of course, the fact that their backs hurt from being smacked against the wall time and time again?' 

Leon sighs and gulps down on his drink, making a nasty face because of the taste. He never really was a drinker, unlike the other Curzio man in the room. One. 

'Was that all?' Leon asks, still trying to read what's on the papers. Good thing he can't read french. 

'No. They wanted to know a few things in return and I told them the truth.' Both eyes shoot my way. 'You did what?' 'You heard me, I'm not lying to those innocent girls. Not even for you.' 

Rio sighs, before filling his glass again. Two. 

'Fill me in about their questions after the medical shit.' I sigh and rumble through the papers on my lap. 'Who first?' 'Miss Velez.' 

I get how she complained about it. The way he says it is intimidating as hell and she's not even in the room. 

'Cataleya Valentina Velez, born on July 23th, 1997, just turned twenty-one.' I look up and notice them not even bothering to look at me. Rio chugs down his glass and indicates me to continue. Three. 

'Blood type; AB+. Very good eyesight, healthy hair and teeth, she takes care of her body very well.' I flip over the page and look at Leon for a second. He doesn't seem interested in Cataleya at all, neither of them do, now that I look at them. 

'Do you want me to continue or?' 'Yes, continue.' Rio chimes before pouring himself another drink. Four. 

'She once broke her arm when she was little, but besides that, she has supremely strong bones.' 

I scan the papers, looking for something else to add. 'Oh and she has no menstrual problems, she says she's getting her period every month. She hasn't had sexual intercourse with anyone yet, so she's safe from any STDs.' Rio snorts, almost making him spill his drink.