< LI >

Celine Elloise Dufort:

It has been four days since we left Spain and everyone has been tense ever since. I understand why they would be, but this is a little too much. 

Especially Rio seems to think about it all the time. 

Which is odd. Rio never thinks about any of his decision this long. But I think there's more going on. He just doesn't tell us about anything anymore. Especially Leon. 

It's like he feels betrayed because of what he did, which I kind of understand. But if I was in love with Neveah and Monica almost killed her that night, I would've done the exact same. 

Rio threw it on love. The one thing he resents most in the world, even though he has never felt it before. 

'What's up with you?' I look up from the papers on my desk, straight into Kai's dark eyes, and smile. 'When did you get in here?' 

'I've been in here with you for fifteen minutes now.' He laughs and drops back in his seat. Has he really been in here for fifteen minutes already? 

I guess I was just too busy thinking about all the shit going on with Rio. 

He said he wanted to talk to me later today, but didn't really say what he wanted to talk about. So I've been thinking about that too. 

'What's up? Need some help?' He moves his laptop to the side and looks at the papers in front of me. Maybe he can help me with this, that way I don't have to do it on my own. 

'Leon asked me to look into some files. They're about some of Monica's men.' He nods and starts reading through the first pages. 'What did he want you to find?' 

'If they have any liabilities, any sicknesses or wounds.' I sigh and look at another paper. There are at least twenty men he wanted me to check. He went through a bunch of them himself, but he doesn't know where to look. 

Plus, Rio told him to take care of something, so he's been busy with that. 

'This one.' He points at the picture of Julio Nadora. 'He had some heart failures in the past.' I nod and write it down on the notepad in front of me. 'He also broke his right arm multiple times.' I mumble as I press the pen against the paper. 

'It doesn't say.' 'But I know.' He tilts his head a little and smiles. 'You know him?' 

'Let's just say that Leon and Monica's men never really got along.' 

He frowns and places the papers back on my desk. 'How so?' 

I put the pen down and lean back in my leather chair. Rio said that this office was mine to use. Only mine. 

But it became our office. Kai has been here with me every day. And I honestly don't mind. It's like I work better with him around. 

'She slept with him but her men didn't like him?' I nod and laugh it off. 'They don't like his arrogance. Especially Luca, he hates Leon with his whole heart.' 

'Why?' Kai curiously asks, and I shrug. I never really knew why, I just knew he did. He probably still does. And he will kill all of us if he finds out what happened with his mother. Oh god... 'Leon is just a little older than him, too young for his mother. He always hated him.' 

'I mean I get that, but if she was happy with him, why would he object?' Was she happy with him though? He certainly wasn't with her. 

Every time Leon would come back from Monica, he would be so tired. He hated lying to her. He always lied to her because he had to. Because Rio told him to.