The proposal

Jassica's POV:

This is not the first time I am feeling bored with classes but the time seems to be going very slow than I had actually expected. The lecture is making me feel sleepy as this is not my favorite one. Math is not my thing at all. Thanks to Flio for helping me during exams or else I am sure I would have failed without even second thought. Wait! Flio smirked last night when he saw Rian with me. But what might be the reason for his smirk? I already spaced out in my own thoughts when the bell rang making me skip in my seat and I instantly got up as if I woke up by someone pouring cold water on me. I packed my things, rushed out and reached my locker.

" So what's the rush birthday baby huh? " Flio said from behind me and when I turned around, I saw him smirking at me again. I don't know what is the reason behind his smirk but it is irking me to core. I glared at him and in turn he stood close to me folding his hands leaning towards the beside locker.

" What's with the smirk?" I asked and raised my eyebrow making clear that I am not going to back away without a response. He raised his eyebrow too and put his hands in his pockets and looked at me with the same smirk. I so badly wanted to punch his beautiful face right now. What is happening to me? Why am I getting irritated with his simple smirk? I took few deep breaths and calmed myself. I looked up to see him still standing there with a small smile rather than a stupid smirk.

" So? " he questioned and I narrowed my eyebrows not understanding what does 'so' means or what he actually wanted to convey via a simple 'so'. I stared at him asking for him to finish whatever he was trying to tell and to my surprise all my friends gathered making me difficult to ask Flio. I just shrugged my shoulders and followed them to cafeteria. I was not amazed to see it filled with students coz it is common to be packed generally. Perhaps, it is my birthday so I made myself feel amazed by observing students who are busy chatting, talking, eating, rushing towards counters and also posing for some selfies as if this is the best place on earth to take one.

On others days I would feel irritated but today I felt different watching everyone doing their own business while me watching them without their knowledge. I was keenly watching the person sitting at a corner who was seriously reading a book holding his pizza in a hand. He was so into the book that he did not observe a girl passing by stealing a slice of pizza from his plate. I smiled at his absent mindedness and thought about the time when me and Rian would be stealing Anna's cookies when we were kids.

" Jeez! Are you Jassy or her twin who is dangerously silent? What happened? Why are you not responding to anyone sitting over here? Do you think we are crazy who are talking to a person who is dumb and deaf? " Iya exclaimed overdramatically for which I rolled my eyes.

" Whatever what's the deal? " I asked looking at my friends who are giving me weird looks. After arguments among everyone all placed an order for themselves and I was supposed to pay the bill being the birthday girl. I happily paid the amount coz I know I owe them this for giving me their time and surprising me in best possible way last night.

Remaining day went by with a lot of reminding about the upcoming projects and assignments by the lecturers. I was tired just by hearing about the work and I don't know what will happen when I actually start doing my school work. I sighed heavily before exiting my last class and was about to open my backpack to remove my phone when Flio appeared from nowhere and I moved towards him to ask him what is the reason for his unnecessary smirk.

" Flio what's up with your smirk? I have been trying to ask you the whole day but it seems you are acting oblivious " I asked him with finality and he gave me a smile before looking at me with an unexplainable expression. I was getting impatient each passing second as I was waiting for the email I have to receive from Rian. I kept searching for my phone which I don't know where it got stuck between the books.