The most awaiting day

I was just staring at him and he was talking to me about his recent project he handled. The slight smile which he wore while telling me about it made me happy that he was contended with the work he had done. He had been sleepless all these days and finally reaching the goal had given him peace and in return it gave me peace that the person I loved the most is happy. I completely lost the topic he was discussing about as he was looking even more gorgeous to me today with the happiness filling his soul. I don't know the time now and I guess it might be a few hours since we sat here and discussing about his success story but I didn't mind listening to his continuous rambling about the experiment and to be honest I didn't even pay attention to anything except for him.

It's been three years since we have been in a relationship but till now, I don't understand how he seems to be so calm and cool handling my mood swings. He never complained about anything and always complimented me in return. I just wonder if I am really that important to him that he accepted my all flaws and loves me unconditionally. I am not going to lie if I say I hate myself for being an immature ass sometimes but he gets upset if I say so. He feels like my flaws are what which make me unique and beautiful. I wanted to ask him something when I was shaken roughly by my shoulder.

I sat up immediately and fell on the floor and my nose hit the carpet making me groan in pain. I felt I could have fell on my back rather than front now. Damn! I am such an awkward personality. I rubbed my nose and looked at the person who disturbed me and saw dad looking at me with a grin and mom was nowhere to be found. Before I could say something, he said.

" I know I shouldn't have done that but you have been sleeping like there is no tomorrow and I am sorry about.... You know " he said and chuckled and I made my way to bedroom giving him a death glare and he raised his hands in surrender. I would have been a bit mad about it but the dream earlier was too real to actually realize that it is not real. I did my business in bathroom and entered the dining room where mom and dad were talking in whispers and silenced as soon as they saw me. I know they might be planning something about my birthday but don't want to expose it. I rolled my eyes and sat down.

" Hey sweetie. I heard what your dad did to you when you passed out on the couch. Don't worry I already gave him an earful " she said glaring at dad who gave me an apologetic smile and I smiled in return.

" I am alright mom. It was just an accident. Don't worry and I love you more " I said and stuck my tongue at dad who held his heart in fake pain and mom chuckled.

" Tell me how's school and your friends " mom asked and I started telling them how it has been and also about Iya and Joe for which they beamed in happiness. I kept rambling about few gossips which kept the campus busy these days. I don't know why I started telling them everything and they seemed to be happy and attentive while I speak. I had been very less talker these days with the amount of stress I was feeling and they didn't complain though. They just understood that I will be alright once I am away from all the stress. When the results of semesters were declared they tried to cheer me up by taking me to the diner and also shopping but all I did was space out and disappoint them. They were really happy for my progress and also thanked Flio for helping me but I was only one who didn't enjoy my progress.

" I am happy that you are again talking normally dear. I was so worried about you all these days and now I feel that it was worth to give you time you needed to be back to normal. Thank you darling. We love you and are so proud of you " mom said and I didn't miss the moist in her eyes. Dad has a similar expression as mom and mouthed I love you more for which I chuckled.

" You don't even know how much I love you both. And I am proud of you for being so supportive and understanding and also sorry for my stupid behavior earlier " I said with guilt and looked down as tears formed in my eyes.