Little sister

Fillano's POV:

" I know I didn't tell anytime to you about having a sister but I do have one. Not only you but in fact I didn't say anyone. Last few days I said I was busy with important people and that person is none other than Sakina. My little sister " I said with a smile and Jassy was just staring at me like she had seen a ghost. What to say I am not the one to share anything to anyone but now I feel like I can share with her as she had become someone special to me and I think sharing with her this is not a mistake and I don't regret it.

" Bu.. But I thought you were the only son and here you say you have a sister. Am I dreaming? Please someone come and wake me up from here " she said with confusion and I chuckled at her reaction. I already knew that she will react in this way. She is thinking this to be a dream and I composed myself before convincing her completely.

" Jassy calm down. You are not dreaming and this is reality. I have a sister and I am saying you this here in my house garden " I said with assurance while placing my hand on her shoulder. She looked at me and closed her eyes and kept her hands on her head.

" How? " she asked rubbing her temples. I think already a headache is forming with all the information and I think the girl whom we met yesterday is also the reason for her sore mood. I don't know if my assumption is right or wrong but the way she reacted as soon as she saw that girl was definitely abnormal.

" Jassy my dad married another lady after my mom died off. I think he already had an affair even before mom's death and mom was aware of his relationship that is why she never questioned him whenever he would not return from his business trips. But after my mom died, he immediately married her, settled there itself and I never got a chance to see her. He made sure never to get her here neither made me talk to her. After few years I heard that he is blessed with a daughter and officially who would be my sister. I thought he will at least make me talk to her and see her but he avoided contact between us. I asked him several times to take me to her but he denied. Whenever he would come here, he would talk to her and I even didn't get a glimpse of her. I yearned to have a sister with whom I could play and protect like a big brother but he didn't give me any chance " I said and I felt a lump already forming in my throat. I was about to cry but Jassy sat close to me and squeezed my hand and smiled at me to continue which ultimately gave me a boost of energy.

" When I came home that day after our final exam I heard a commotion going on in dad's room and when I made my way towards his room I saw him talking to his wife and a little girl of about seven years playing around with her toys. I don't know what came over to me but I entered the room and took her in my arms and to my surprise she didn't budge or cry but she looked at me with a smile and I was overwhelmed that I kissed her non-stop. Tears flowed from my eyes but she wiped them with her little hands and asked 'what happened dadda'. Can you believe how happy she made me by calling me dadda. That is the happiest moment of my life Jassy " I said with a broad smile and she smiled too.

" Then I should get a chance to meet her too " said Jassy with a cute pout and I must say she looks almost like Saki with her pout. Now I realized why I became close to her and the instant connection I felt with her. Her childish acts, her non-sense talks, her cute pout, her non-stop cravings, everything about her reminds me of my little sister now and I can't stop thinking about her while sitting with Jassy.

Is it true that I became close to her coz of her childish behavior? Don't I feel anything more than a sister about her? Sister? Maybe friend yes but I can't be more than friend with her. Is it too late to realize this? Am I even thinking like a sane person? Am I overthinking or is it true?

" Flio what happened after that? Are you even paying attention to my words? " Jassy whined while I stopped myself from thinking everything. I just stared at her like a stupid person and I don't have any words to say to her. I was the one asked her to be my girlfriend and here I am thinking something else.