Recovery

I was feeling so hurt after knowing that it was me who was oblivious to everything while everyone knew about everything. I don't want to talk to anyone. I just want to stay away from everyone and everything. I know mom and dad are trying their best to talk to me but I was silently avoiding them. I don't know how long I will survive like this but I thought it would be best to think things over and then talk. Rian kept calling me but I didn't mind that. I promised him to meet him but unfortunately the things he kept from me are already in front of me and I don't want to talk to him personally now.

How can he do this to me? How can he hide all these from me all these years? If not for Danny telling me I could still have been in dark that he is my friend and nothing more than that.

I was just randomly going through my clothes when I heard mom calling my name in emergency. I rushed to their room only to find dad crying in pain and mom trying to take him to the car. He was in extreme pain from the way he was clutching his stomach and gasping for air. My eyes burned with tears after seeing dad in such a vulnerable situation. I went back to room and took my phone and clutch and came down. Me and mom somehow took him till car as the hospital was near and calling ambulance and waiting for them would take some time. Mom made dad sit in the backside and she too sat long with him crying and holding him tightly. My eyes were blurry and I wiped tears away before starting car. I sped off quickly while tears kept rolling and I sped away only praying one thing in mind that dad should be fine as soon as possible. I stopped in front of hospital and helped dad outside and shouted for the doctor. Dad was taken to the emergency ward and me and mom were waiting outside. Mom was crying and I hugged her tightly coz I need to be strong for mom and dad as well. If I start crying there would be no one to look after mom. I helped her to sit and bought a water bottle and gave her which she drank slowly and calmed down.

I excused myself but mom didn't seem to notice coz she was looking somewhere and I went outside to make a call. I called Rian as soon as I opened my phone. Tears rolled down my cheeks as soon as I heard his voice.

" Rian.. Dad. He is not well and.. me and mo..mom took him to the hos...hospital. Pl..please come I am sca..scared " I said while crying.

" I am coming. Stay strong Jass. I am here for you. I am coming immediately " he said and cut the call.

I was waiting for him outside still crying and within no time he was in front of me. When I saw him I couldn't stop myself from running towards him and hugging him.

" Rian.. Dad is having a lot of pain in stomach. He was so vulnerable when I saw him.. " I said hugging him tightly while I still wept in his chest. He held me tightly as if I will disappear if he left me and I did the same to him. He kept telling me soothing words and for once my heart was at ease for having him in my embrace. We were still in each other's embrace when someone cleared throat and pulled away to look who it was. Flio was standing there with his hands in pockets and I looked at him in confusion.

" We came together. Come on where is uncle and aunty? " asked Rian and I nodded. I took them to where mom was sitting still not aware of her surrounding and my heart broke looking at her. Rian went towards her and she came out of her trance. He kneeled in front of her and took her hands in his and kept talking to her while she hugged him tightly and I couldn't thank enough Rian for being with us.

" What actually happened Jassy? What are the doctors saying? " asked Flio from beside him and I looked at him.

" They didn't tell anything yet. He was taken inside half an hour ago and still no one said anything. He will be fine right Flio? I couldn't take in that he is in the hospital with pain. He was so happy and healthy every time and now he is here. I can't...I can't.. " I started crying again. To stop my sobs, I bit my lips tightly and started shaking. Flio opened his arms wide and I instantly hugged him and he rubbed my back saying sweet nothings to me.