Awkward

We have a habit of watching movies on Fridays until there is no energy to open our eyes. I know my family has some serious issues about taking things as normal people do but we are as such and we enjoy our life. My dad was sitting in the middle of the couch while my mom and me were sitting on either sides of him with our heads on his shoulders. My dad was holding the popcorn box in his hands and I was stuffing it in his mouth. I was thinking about the time when me and Rian used to do combined studies and after that we used to watch movies and I would always stuff something different in his mouth in place of popcorn and he used to puke every time I did that. I laughed loudly not realizing that my parents were looking at me confused and the movie was paused already making my laugh echo in the whole house.

" What's wrong Jass? I am sure there is nothing funny happening in this movie and I am afraid if my baby girl had gone mad " he said with concern touching my forehead.

" Its nothing dad. I just remembered the time when Rian used to come home and we would watch movies together " I said smiling and found him getting stiffened at the mention of his name.

" Actually dad I am going to meetup with him tomorrow. You know we haven't met for a quite long time now and we need to sort out few things " I said pleadingly so that he would agree by keeping his anger at bay for now. All this time mom was silent as she was aware about this and was hopefully looking at my dad who simply replied an 'Okay'.

" Thank you dad I love you. And I don't want you to act indifferent towards him dad coz I know how much you love him. So please for once try to talk to him and I am sure you will become normal with him again " I said and hugged him and I found him nodding. I was happy that dad have agreed to talk to Rian and I know things will be normal very soon.

Next day I found Mica licking my face, waking me and I was in no mood to wakeup. He kept doing it until I was fully awake. After sometime I was ready to meet Rian and I know I have to eat breakfast first. After breakfast I was about to leave when my mom came near me " I think you will have your lunch outside itself so take this purse of yours " she said smiling and I know she wanted me to spend more time with Rian and make him come to home soon. I kissed her cheek and left as my dad had an important meeting to attend so he couldn't make it up with me.

I went to our favorite spot of us and I was not understanding but my legs felt like as soon as I was standing at the entrance. Somehow I managed to go inside only to find him already waiting for me. I know he might have been waiting for me and I am making him wait purposely😉

" Hey!" I said to sound less awkward and comfortable. He blinked several times as if making sure that I was for real or just imagination. He kept staring at me as if he was making an image of me to be imprinted permanently in his mind.

" Rian, are you fine? " I asked placing my hand on his shoulder. He looked at me then at my hand and I was sure he had been dreaming all this time.

" You are here, aren't you? " he questioned again and I just rolled my eyes at his excited tone.

" Last time I checked I left my house to meet my friend and now I am already standing in front of him " I said sitting at the empty place which belonged to me.

" Jass I missed you so much. I see you are the same as I have seen you the last time " he said with such a sweet tone that I cursed myself for not talking to him all this while and acting like a pervert.

" Yeah I am fine and I see that you have been malnutritioned in my absence or is it you who had been ignoring eating properly? " I questioned him eyeing coz I can easily see that he had become very skinny and there are dark spots under his eyes.

" You are wrong Jass, I am fine actually there were few things which kept me busy and I couldn't concentrate on food and you know right food is always secondary for me " he replied.

" Yeah I know food is secondary for you but I am your primary priority right then why didn't you contact me before huh? Are you that busy that you couldn't even come to home to check on me? " I said angrily and I found myself shocked for what have I told and I just wanted to hit myself hard. I found him staring with utmost shock and I couldn't do anything to take my words back.

After our not-so-awkward conversation we started talking casually as if nothing had happened in the past and I found the tension between us subsided eventually. We sat there for don't know how long but when I stared at my wrist watch I was shocked to see that we were talking for nearly three hours straight and now it is lunch time. Rian suggested to eat outside and I was more than happy to spend more time with him.

I was ready to leave when Rian held my wrist," I am sorry Jass for everything I have told you and I didn't intend to tell any of that but it just happened. I am.. am.. so sorry Jass and I promise I will never tell anything like that again. I really missed you Jass and I couldn't take this ignorance of yours all this time. I thought of coming to you but... " he did not complete as tears started to pour out of his eyes and my own eyes started to well up.

" There is no need to apologize Rian and I have really forgiven you. I am sorry too for ignoring you all these days " I replied and in an instant I wrapped my arms around him and hugged him tightly pouring all my heart. He too hugged me back and rubbed my back continuously saying 'its okay' and I pulled back, " Sorry but crying is draining my energy more and I think we need to eat something " I said smiling and he too agreed with a slight grin.

We had our lunch outside and we talked about my school and everything. I found him getting tensed when I talked about Flio but I ignored it.

We spent most of the time talking and it was time for us to go home and we parted ways with good bye and promised to meet again soon.

So Jassy finally met Rian. What did you like about their personalities?(Do comment)

Why do you think Rian was uncomfortable when Jass talked about Fillano?

Till then.. Bye😊