• t h i r t y s e v e n •

"He dreamt of white lines and colourful pills, rainbows blurred by tears and gardens blooming ivory smoke"

R a f a e l

Jordane Boultt was the last person on the planet, besides Aiden and Teresa that I wanted to see right now.

His raven hair was slicked back in his usual, gelled quiff and his blue eyes shone with the same condescending glint as I remembered. He must have seriously sprayed an entire bottle of cologne because I coughed a few times when he placed his hands on the table.

That seemed to piss him off because he narrowed his eyes before plastering on an extremely fake smile.

"Rafael," He nodded, and I resisted the urge to smash his face into the polished glass tabletop.

"Jaden," I smirked and from the corner of my vision, I saw Bree stifle a laugh when his nostrils flared.

"Aubree, you're just as incorrigible as I remember." That swiped the smirk off my face, and I felt the familiar pounding of blood against my ears. I hadn't forgotten what the homophobic fucker had said to Bree, and as if sensing my murderous intentions, Bree flashed Jordane a saccharine smile.

"And you're just as ridiculously self-conceited as I remember." Bree's words caused Jordane's lips to twist into a sneer. I was still too busy trying to control my anger when Bree kicked me under the table.

"Did you get therapy for your little problem?" He directed at Bree, and my rage tipped over. Standing up, I was about to raise my fists and rain holy hell down on the fucker, but Bree stopped me with a burning glare.

I knew now why I hated Aiden so much, he was just like Jordane- an arrogant, egotistical asshole.

She kept glaring at me until I eventually calmed and sat down. A look passed between us, one which clearly stated that this was her problem and she would handle it.

"How was rehab, Rafael? Or are you still blowing all your father's money on those little pills?" Jordane deliberately smirked, and I clenched my fists under the table, imagining his neck between my fingers.

"Following in Mommy's footsteps must be a real achievement, one of the very few, dare I say?" I counted the tines on my fork. Would four in the neck be fatal?

"I really don't understand why you hate us so much. Dare I say, are you a fan?" Bree mocked him, nonchalantly munching on her chips, and I felt jealous that she could control her anger so well.

"You two really were the filth of Ardenford Prep, I just came over to tell you that we're better off without the trash." The triumph in his eyes was unmistakably evident as if he'd won this conversation.

At that moment, I didn't care about the 'no more fights' rule because it would be worth seeing Jordane's face smeared with blood.

"Are you still bitter about how Rafael beat you in your little lunchtime scuff in Freshman year? That broken nose must have had to hurt." I couldn't help but grin, because that was the closest I'd get to a proud moment with Bree. I did regret some of my fights, but breaking Boultt's nose was worth my third suspension.