• f o u r •

"You're going to leave just like the others. I'm the broken toy that no one wants to buy. I'm the disease that no one wants to catch. I'm the girl that no one wants to love"

 I'm the girl that no one wants to love"

B l a z e

I felt someone shaking me as I was awakened from my sleep. "You didn't make dinner" Aiden grumbled in a low voice. "I-I'm sorry I'll make it right away" I trembled under the fear of getting punished again. A part of me hated his misogyny. Couldn't he make his own food?

The events off the afternoon replayed in my mind and once again I could feel my breaths get shallow. I focused on grounding myself to my surroundings.

I quickly got up, avoiding looking at the monster in front of me. This wasn't how it was supposed to be. I bit down on my lip, preventing my own cries.

I ran to the kitchen and took out some pasta. There was nothing else I could make in such less time. I quickly cooked it hoping that I would suddenly realize everything was a bad dream. But It wasn't. Everything around me was very real, a nightmare in reality.

The pasta was soon ready. "Dinner's Ready" I called to Aiden.

He walked out and sat at the table while I served him the food. I felt like an under appreciated housewife as I waited for him to eat, I avoided making eye contact with him. I couldn't look him in the eye anymore. He took a bite and scrunched up his face. The next thing I knew, he smashed the plate against the wall.

"You stupid bitch! It's raw and undercooked" He shouted. I winced and backed away until my back hit the wall. He towered over me with his tall frame.

"I'm sorry" I whispered again and again. He slapped me and I felt a stinging sensation on my cheek. He had a shard of the broken plate in his hand and held it to my neck. "If I ever have to put disgusting food like that in my mouth again, you'll be more than sorry". A voice inside me screamed that he should be the one apologising and getting slapped. He punched me and slammed the door on his way out.

I was left to pick up the pieces. I cried as I cleaned up, pondering over the mess my life had become. How did I become so weak? I was crying all the time. I used to be so happy, but now there was nothing left to fight for. I had lost all hope. I had given up on waiting for a saviour a long time ago, because I knew no one cared enough to risk their happiness for you.

Life wasn't a fairytale, and I didn't expect my knight in shining armour to come galloping through on his mighty, white horse and save me from the terrors of the world. It was stupid to hope for such irrational things. I wasn't a pessimist, that was just how the world was.

People leave and that's the cycle of life. No one is permanent and there is no use in keeping expectations from people who can't uphold them. I had learned that from a very young age.

When I cleaned up the mess, I served myself, but I had long lost my appetite. I ate a few bites and packed the rest away for leftovers. Maybe I could take it to school tomorrow. I could avoid Rafael that way. I didn't want him asking questions after what happened between him and Aiden today.

Rafael. Just a few moments with him and he was taking over my thoughts. I was never enough, I had realized that already. He didn't know the secrets I held and once he did, he would leave, everyone always did. Aiden was right. I changed into my pajamas and as I crawled into bed, thoughts whirling in my mind.

I sensed something with Rafael. It couldn't be put into words. Even it if was for a microsecond, the spark I had felt when he touched me, and the warmth I felt when he talked back to Mrs. Lively for me was very real. It was something no one had done for me in a very long time.

But maybe that was just my desperate self trying to find someone to stay. No one is ever going to love you enough and the sooner you realize that, the better, the voice inside my head said.

There was no point in running from Aiden. He owned me. He had me in my clutches and he was the reason for both my scarred skin and soul. I was bound to him and to think that I could escape was a dream in itself. Soon, Rafael would forget I existed and things would be just the way they were. Lonely.

Hey Guys! So yeah I took a little break, to be honest I lost all motivation to write this book but I'm back

Hey Guys! So yeah I took a little break, to be honest I lost all motivation to write this book but I'm back. Cheers to all the people that stuck around. The story's just picking up. I promise more secrets will be unravelled. We'll see more of Rafael along the way. And also a new character is going to be introduced in the next chapter.

I'm so sorry for the shorter chapters, but I promise they'll get longer, like way longer.

How're you finding the book so far? Give me your thoughts I appreciate them.

Vote. Comment. Share.

Love,
A❤️

Love,A❤️