• f i v e •

"And suddenly my dreams of a happy life shattered, the day you turned your back on me, the person who I thought would always stay."

❃ B l a z e ❃

B l a z e

The next day I woke with an immense pain between my legs and a tired body. I could hear shuffling downstairs which meant Aiden was back. I feared facing him after all of the events yesterday but I knew I had to get up.

I checked the time on my phone and it was 6:30. Still an hour and half to school. My lock screen background reminded me of a life that I had long forgotten. Me, Kiara and Aiden were smiling and he had his arms slung around me and Kiara carelessly. We were so much happier back then. It was funny how people changed. How life changed.

I got up and went to the bathroom to brush my teeth and freshen up. As I looked at my reflection, all I could see was a girl who had lost herself. I looked so pale and despised myself. I barely had any fat left on my arms, oweing to Aiden's constant torture about how bad I looked, making me lose my appetite. The eye bags I had were very noticeable along with my sunken eyes. I clearly remembered the night of Kiara's suicide and it held many deep secrets. Aiden knew nothing about it and it was better off that he didn't.

I washed my face and took a long shower, once again noticing all the new bruises I had got. The tears didn't disappoint as they rolled down my face, the vivid memories playing like a broken cassette.

It burned so much between my legs and I winced every time I moved too fast. It was horrific and each time I could feel his hands violating every inch of me, taking away what was meant to be mine.

As I slipped out of the shower, I caked myself with make up and put on my clothes, careful not to look at myself in the mirror. I rushed downstairs to make breakfast, ignoring the stunting sensation between my thighs.

Aiden was waiting at his usual spot on the table and gave a glance to me. It seemed like he had a nasty hangover, judging by the look on his face. I poured a glass of water and gave him some medicine to work it off. Never once did I look him in the eyes. Just like dinner, there was not a shred of strength left in me to fight anymore.

His face showed no regret of whatever happened yesterday and it was a stark reminder of how little he cared for me. Maybe nothing. I felt my stomach sink and my mouth dry.

I made an omelette and some toast for him. I sat down while he ate his breakfast. It was better if I didn't say a word. There was no telling when he would burst out again and I did not have the capacity to bear any more. He finished his breakfast and afterwards I drank milk and some Weetbix and we were off.

Surprisingly there were no taunts along the way and I hoped maybe he felt remorse for yesterday. I had thought of going to the police, but for some reason I couldn't summon the strength, neither the willpower. I was a disappointment to every female out there, for not reporting this.