• s i x •

"The darkness inside me is taking over. I wonder how long I can hold on, until I'm completely consumed by all these sinister thoughts and give into them"

 I wonder how long I can hold on, until I'm completely consumed by all these sinister thoughts and give into them"

B l a z e

As soon as the bell rang, I darted out of the class to avoid Rafael. I pushed my way through the hallway to make it to my locker. Luckily Rafael was nowhere in sight. After the stunt he pulled in class, I needed to stay away. 'Yeah you've been saying that ever since you met him' I muttered to myself.

As I turned around after taking my books, I crashed into Bree. She had a huge smile on her face. She looked like a model out of a fashion spread. What was she doing hanging out with a nobody like me?

"Hey!" She screamed, attracting the attention of half the students. They all glanced our way and I pulled her aside. "Hi. Do you want something?" I asked Bree as calmly as I could. "Yeah nah. I just want a friend that's all" she smiled. Okay Then.

"Okay, Well I have AP Biology right now. Are you in that class?" I asked her. She nodded eagerly and we started walking towards Room 245. "So.." she sighed. Without hesitating I asked, "Okay I'll cut straight to the chase. Why do you suddenly want to be friends with me? It's Junior Year. You must have made some friends of your own".

I hated how blunt and rude I sounded, but it just flew out of my mouth. She scrunched her eyebrows at my question then went on to answer. "No actually I never did. I never really got along with anyone. I don't know why but I feel like you'll be a good friend." she genuinely answered.

"You only saw me today morning" I frankly stated. She stared at me but didn't recoil at my bluntness. "I can sense when I'm around nice people" she smiled and I reluctantly smiled back.

I thought over it. Aiden was a Senior, and most of his friends didn't even care about me, so basically I had no friends. He would graduate this year, and I'd be alone then. Every lunch I would either sit alone or just go to the bathroom to think over stuff. Sometimes, I wandered out to the benches outside and had my lunch whilst pondering over my day.

Aiden didn't bother to invite me over to his table. He sat with the populars. The jocks and the cheerleaders, along with people ranking high in the social hierarchy. As cliche as it sounded, it was true. I could use someone to be with me. Eating alone was stressful.

That was a lot of calculating for such a simple question.

I gave her a small smile and nodded, indicating that I had no problem with being friends. It felt like I was in primary school all over again. 'Can we be friends?'

As we reached the class, I noticed there were two empty seats in the middle row. We made our way over there and started talking. She told me she had a twin brother, but he was annoying as heck.