• s i x t e e n •

"What if I never existed? What if the whole world as I knew it was a lie? What if I was just a figment of everyone's imagination and my existence was never realized"

B l a z e

After taking a shower, applying a thick layer of makeup- courtesy of Bree and getting dressed, I went downstairs to find Bree and Rafael seated around the kitchen island, arguing about something. From their faces, I was sure it was something insignificant.

I approached them and saw a middle-aged woman making some breakfast. She looked up and smiled at me, and I assumed she was Mariana. I smiled back and took a seat next to Rafael. My body throbbed in protest but I pushed the pain away. Both of Bree's and Rafael's heads shot up as I sat down.

Bree beamed at me and Rafael shot me an apprehensive smile and they both greeted me. "What was your heated debate about?" I asked them and Bree scowled at Rafael. "You should be the judge, Blaze" Rafael told me and I raised my eyebrows, but nodded my head nonetheless. Mariana placed a glass of orange juice in front of me and French toast. "Thank you" I smiled at her and she nodded. I drank the juice while darting my eyes between the twins.

"The question that we desperately need an answer to is: Do girls wear thongs because they're more comfortable or because they want to seduce a guy?" As the words came out of Rafael's mouth, my eyes widened and the juice I was drinking flew out of my mouth and splattered all over the counter.

I coughed and Bree and Rafael started laughing while Mariana grabbed a cloth to clean up the mess-my mess and gave us a look. The Universal 'Kids these days' look that adults loved shooting to teenagers.

I took the cloth from Mariana, despite her protests and started wiping the mess while my face turned a bright shade of red. This wasn't the morning I was expecting. It was eventful and highly uncomfortable.

I didn't say a word but I could hear the stifled laughs of both Rafael and Bree. I wanted to punch, maybe kill them. Metaphorically of course. This wasn't typical breakfast conversation as far I knew.

Once I was done cleaning , I glared at the both of them and stared ahead while eating my breakfast. "It's a normal question, B. I prefer wearing thongs because they're comfortable but if I want to, I could also seduce a guy. But that doesn't imply that I'm wearing them for him" Bree stated with a nonchalant face. "I would rather not hear what underwear you wear, Bree" Rafael glared at her and I scoffed.

"You were the one asking the question just a few minutes ago, Raf" I quirked an eyebrow but my face was still heated from the embarrassment I suffered. He rolled his eyes and went on to state his reasons for the debate. "Personally it doesn't matter to me what kind of underwear a girl wears. I don't see girls telling guys about whether they prefer boxers or briefs. It's really stupid, if you ask me" he simply stated. "I personally prefer commando but hey, that's just me" he shrugged but he had a cheeky grin on his face.