• e i g h t e e n •

"Was it really worth seeing my heart break into a million pieces? Why is it, that all I see before me is not a man, but a monster? A monster who tore apart my very soul with his bare hands"

( Check out the playlist loves x )

B l a z e

Mark and Andrea looked different from the last time I saw them, which was well over six months ago. Mark had come a few months back for some work, but it was only for a few hours. I had talked to them over the phone once in a week or so, but it was always awkward. Even though they were smiling, I could see the tiredness etched onto their faces, their premature wrinkles a tell tale sign of whatever stress they were enduring with work.

I saw Aiden clench his fists besides me, and I dropped the stone. Dropping the ultimate dragon-killer, eh?

"Hey kids!" Andrea brightly exclaimed and I flinched at her overly enthusiastic tone. "Hi Andrea" I tightly smiled whereas Aiden was dumbfounded beside me. They were never around, and I most definitely didn't expect them at this time. Guess he was wondering the same thing. "What were you kids doing?" Mark chuckled, his deep voice lit with amusement.

Good Question, Mark. I was just out here playing Dean Winchester, slaying monsters. The monster being your abusive son who makes my life a living hell. But hey, if we keep acting like we're fine, we could get an Oscar or something. I hated how stupid my inner monologue sounded at times.

"Just messing around" Aiden laughed, however I didn't miss the nervousness laced in his voice. I was grinding my teeth together in frustration. He slung an arm around my shoulder and I could feel my breathing quicken. "Come on in, then" Andrea ushered us in.

"Honey, it's been so long. I missed you" Andrea pulled me into a bone-crushing hug that wasn't helping my already tormented state.

"I missed you too" I sincerely said, and it was true. She was like a second mother to me, after the passing of my very own. She had been there for me through the endless nights I couldn't sleep because I was scared of facing nightmares. She had been there for me, when I had tried to be strong but ended up breaking down on my parents' death anniversary. She had always been there, along with Kiara, and I couldn't blame her for not being home as, in some way, that was her way of grieving and I owed her that much.

In a way, I knew she felt guilty for not noticing what was going on with Kiara. We all did. The fault lay with each one of us and we all dealt with our pain differently. The worst way was Aiden's. The void left in us was unbearable to even feel.

And I hoped maybe one day, the pain would subside, but even I knew that this was always going to be a major hole in my heart that I could never fill.