• s e v e n •

"All the fairytales I had read as a child gave me the image of a happily ever after. But all I found myself surrounded by was eternal darkness"

 But all I found myself surrounded by was eternal darkness"

R a f a e l

Today was the first day of  Junior Year. I had no motivation to go to school. I could flunk, but then they would call my father and I didn't want that asshole finding out anything. He wasn't at home anyway so I didn't want to give him a reason to come back. The longer he was away with work, the better it would be for me.

I yawned as I got out of bed and the first thing I came face to face with was the idiotic grin of my twin. "Raffie, come on Wakie Wakie", she gave me a sly grin. She knew how much I hated that weird name. "Bree, get out of my face before you regret it" I growled at her. I wasn't a morning person obviously.

She playfully punched me and exited the room. I went over to the bathroom to brush my teeth and get ready. When I came out, I picked out an outfit. Combat boots, a Jacket, a White Tee and some dark washed jeans.

I knew I would have eyes on me but I didn't care anymore. Typical High School shit. I stopped caring a long time back. I hated the fake promises and the stupid flirtatious grins. It was all just a ruse.

I got showered and dressed and went downstairs to find Bree waiting for me. Apparently I was late. Admittedly, we always were. She threw me an apple as I never bothered to have breakfast owing to the fact that I was always late.

I grabbed my keys and then we locked the door behind us.

One of the few things I loved about my life was my car. Just like every other guy. I was the one driving as Bree never bothered and I would never let her touch my Maserati. Being rich was one of the perks of having Jason as my father. One of the very few.

As we entered the car, I was engulfed by the familiar musky smell and we raced off to school. Bree gave me a once over and rolled her eyes. "Ever try changing up your look?" She muttered. "Girls love me like this" I smirked back. "Is that why you have no girlfriend?" she sassed and I ignored her.

Deep down, I hated admitting that I despised the attention. She glared at me, then ended up laughing. Our banter continued throughout the ride and when we reached the school, we said goodbye and went our separate ways.

As I entered the school, I felt eyes on me and ignored the stares from all the desperate girls. They never gave up. But I would be lying if I said it was amusing at times to see the lengths to some people would go.

I reached my locker and checked my phone to see if I had any messages. To my surprise, I didn't. I took my books and turned around. As I stood in the hallway, I felt a presence coming near. Everyone was busy with their own work, some gossiping, some making out but I couldn't stop myself from feeling a frisson arise in the atmosphere. Or was it just me? I was acting like I was in some hallmark movie.